Halfords comes to Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfords comes to Ireland

Well, it had to happen, didnt it. So, thought i'd pay it a visit to see what you all have been talking about for so long. Chav central or wha? Did have two things i couldnt find anywhere here, Waxoyl with spray thingy and some of those little plastic cips that break everytime you take a panel off. They did not have however, a relay, or a battery holding down bracket. Bunch of thickos really who only know about Lexus lights, neon lights and big exhausts that go 'fart'. I did get a good rock crawling dvd though.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Originally posted by Delboy
    Well, it had to happen, didnt it. So, thought i'd pay it a visit to see what you all have been talking about for so long. Chav central or wha? Did have two things i couldnt find anywhere here, Waxoyl with spray thingy and some of those little plastic cips that break everytime you take a panel off. They did not have however, a relay, or a battery holding down bracket. Bunch of thickos really who only know about Lexus lights, neon lights and big exhausts that go 'fart'. I did get a good rock crawling dvd though.
    I hadn't been to Halfords since I had a Rally Chopper. I thought I would look in as B&Q (another waste of space as they only stock what has been on changing rooms the week before ) is only next door. Halfords was closed. All the other places were open until 8PM but obviously the car trade can make their money by 4PM.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I did get a good rock crawling dvd though.
      'Hammer down' Good init!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        'Hammer down' Good init!
        yes very good
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Yep, thats the one. Didn't get ot watch it yet and the wife wants to watch the perfect storm tonight. Soon!
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Yep, thats the one. Didn't get ot watch it yet and the wife wants to watch the perfect storm tonight. Soon!
            Del, GF has now become the wife??????? Fer play teya yabiya! Congrats!

Where is this Halfords? Ive heard the Motorway shop in Blanch was being sold to them but havent been there in a while>

**edit*** oops did a search under 'married' by 'Delboy' and got the confirmation, no wonder youve been shy for a few months round here, did she let Derek out for a little spin to Halfords or did she think you were waiting outside while she spent your wages in Marks and Sparks
            Last edited by JimL; 20 March 2005, 22:50.

Comment

the perfect storm
              Thats like a row with the wife that ends between the sheets wha!

Sounds like a dodgy start though if you have to watch George Clooney with her while your rockcrawlin DVD sits on the mantlepiece, put the foot down hairman!

PS the boat sinks too

Comment

Cheers James, theres only one boss is my house and boy does she know it. It where the Motor Store used to be in the Liffey Valley. Was up in BQ and saw it, so i thought i'd pay a visit. Its good that all the knackers in Clondalkin have a job now and only have to rob part-time.
                I actually think B&Q is very good. They have what i'm looking for 99% of the time. No Carol Smileys unfortunately.
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

OK if you a bit of Chav

Just lost me rag in Halfrauds ! I wanted 4 bleed nipples for my recon brake calipers and 1metre of servo hose . After waiting for 10 mins a knuckle dragging pleb tried to serve me . Wot a waste of my time . 'Sorry dont sell any brake nipples or servo hose' it mummbled .
                  I only went there because it was local . I asked him what they did sell of any use . A blank look was given in return .
                  Long live the little guy who used to know what car spares are and had the knowledge to help and sell you the correct part first time and without ordering it . Trouble is they have all been put out of buisness by companies like Halfrauds .

Rant over , better go see if Midnight Motors can help .

Rick
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

.....Where is this Halfords? Ive heard the Motorway shop in Blanch was being sold to them but havent been there in a while...

Yep, they've changed over to Halfords now too.
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

aaaaaagggghhhhh. Were being invaded!
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X