Poor Linda....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAZMAN
    You'll be able to have the hottest and smelliest curry ever Tony, Linda wont be able to smell it in the morning.
    I guess the bikini is on hold now.
    lol !

we'll get pics next .... wish you better Linda
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Sorry to hear the news

If it makes you feel better, last Saturday the wife and I had a few drinks then she popped into the local shop to buy milk... 10 mins go by and she doesn't come out, I go in to find her on the shop floor with blood pouring out of her head

She had fainted, then 5 1/2 hours later (hospitals!!) she gets six stiches and glue in the head - good weekend that (and it was our last few days off of our holiday)
      [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks guys!! Its not too sore today - I've broken it many times before falling off horses etc, and this time isnt too bad. I've even forgiven the dog!!

A good nights sleep and a bit of doctoring from Dr Tony and I'm fine today as long as I dont forget and rub my nose. Just hope I dont get 2 black eyes this time!!

@Tazman Dont worry - I dont wear a bikini on my nose!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Obviously all the sympathy on here helped it to mend quickly

Comment

I don't suppose ye would fancy another trip over here, perhaps to rescue another horse? He's only a wee chap, about 5 months old we're told.

Our neighbours (read pestered by their young daughter until they relented) rescued one about a week ago from some kids who were running the poor thing ragged, its currently doing the rounds of the houses here keeping all our grass nice and short. We've had him most coz our grass was really out of control, he's made short work of it for us.
            The pound won't take him, and one home they had sorted has now fallen thru.

It was certainly a shock to come home from work to find a wee horse in the back garden!
            Attached Files
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
              I don't suppose ye would fancy another trip over here, perhaps to rescue another horse? He's only a wee chap, about 5 months old we're told.

Our neighbours (read pestered by their young daughter until they relented) rescued one about a week ago from some kids who were running the poor thing ragged, its currently doing the rounds of the houses here keeping all our grass nice and short. We've had him most coz our grass was really out of control, he's made short work of it for us.
              The pound won't take him, and one home they had sorted has now fallen thru.

It was certainly a shock to come home from work to find a wee horse in the back garden!
              Awh.. poor little baby... I wish I could but its not that easy just to bring a horse here. He would need a passport and vacinations etc.

Try calling the ILPH - they work internationally and should be able to help. Here is a link to the contacts page of the website. If they cant take him directly they should be able to contact a similar organisation in Ireland.

If you run out of grass give him a bale of hay to chomp on - he doesnt look too thin or anything.

http://www.ilph.org/contacts.asp
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                Awh.. poor little baby... I wish I could but its not that easy just to bring a horse here. He would need a passport and vacinations etc.

Try calling the ILPH - they work internationally and should be able to help. Here is a link to the contacts page of the website. If they cant take him directly they should be able to contact a similar organisation in Ireland.

If you run out of grass give him a bale of hay to chomp on - he doesnt look too thin or anything.

http://www.ilph.org/contacts.asp
                I didn't really think it would be that easy anyway. He has plenty of grass for now between several gardens and the green opposite us, the young girl that's primarily looking after him is horse mad, has the garden shed set up as a stable for him already, plenty of hay,oats etc.

Originally posted by Linda
                - he doesnt look too thin or anything.
                Yea, I think he was caught just in time, the teenagers had apparently just bought him at a horse fair, and were bringing him home about 8 or 9 miles, with two of them on his back and another leading, he collapsed and they were trying to raise him when the neighbours came upon the scene, so at least he did not appear to have been mistreated for very long. Vet also agreed he was healthy.
                I'll have a look at that site now - Thanks.
                Last edited by Morr; 19 March 2005, 17:41.
                Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                  I didn't really think it would be that easy anyway. He has plenty of grass for now between several gardens and the green opposite us, the young girl that's primarily looking after him is horse mad, has the garden shed set up as a stable for him already, plenty of hay,oats etc.

Yea, I think he was caught just in time, the teenagers had apparently just bought him at a horse fair, and were bringing him home about 8 or 9 miles, with two of them on his back and another leading, he collapsed and they were trying to raise him when the neighbours came upon the scene, so at least he did not appear to have been mistreated for very long. Vet also agreed he was healthy.
                  I'll have a look at that site now - Thanks.

Hehe - I wouldnt recommend Oats unless you want a very nutty pony - with all that grass he ahouldnt need anything else, if he is shut in then some hay and water at all times, but for that type pony unless underweight you shouldnt need to give him any food. He wont be rideable until at least 3 years old.....
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

You will have to move the trike Maurice , so he can eat under it . Does he do the stripes in the grass like the guys used to do on football pitches ?

Rick
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Robb.
                      Sorry to hear the news

If it makes you feel better, last Saturday the wife and I had a few drinks then she popped into the local shop to buy milk... 10 mins go by and she doesn't come out, I go in to find her on the shop floor with blood pouring out of her head

She had fainted, then 5 1/2 hours later (hospitals!!) she gets six stiches and glue in the head - good weekend that (and it was our last few days off of our holiday)
                      Not that she got any sympathy but stiches coming out tomorrow

Glad things getting back to normal...
                      [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                        You will have to move the trike Maurice , so he can eat under it . Does he do the stripes in the grass like the guys used to do on football pitches ?

Rick
                        Probably more blobs than stripes
                        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                          Probably more blobs than stripes
                          Not just blobs, but blotches, fecker gave Samantha a bite on the bum this morning, big red blotch left. I reckon he just wants attention, she found him in the kitchen the other day, trying to talk to the cat as it cowered under the table - must keep the patio door firmly shut!
                          Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                            ....Does he do the stripes in the grass....
                            No, and just as well too, otherwise the regular lawnmower (me of course, not that I'll be eating it like the horse before anyone suggests it....) might be expected to keep up the practice when it returns, too much like hard work.
                            Maurice

Comment

getting back 2 poor lynda's nose, feel 4 u luv, went 2 the bull terrier show 2day, was making a fuss of a 6month old puppy and it jumped up and butted me right in the nose, boy did it hurt, brought tears 2 my eyes. hope your nose gets better soon
                              lets go get dirty...

Comment

Linda - how's the dog?

oh yea - sorry to hear bout your nose too. But is the dog's head ok?
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X