it comes in three`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it comes in three`s

Firstly my head gave out on Friday much to my suspicions, so i ordered a new head from ukcylinderheads in cornwall. After a very phone call with i discovered he started life in ST Albans before he saw the light. He informed the new head would be with me on Tuesday.

Tuesday arrives and a large but very light box arrives...I open the box like a kid on Christmas day i discovered no head, so a phone call to Cornwall resulted in being told it will be with us on the Tuesday. So i sat back waiting for possibly a second delivery thinking mister courier driver faffed up.

Wednesday arrived with no second box station manager gets onto phone to me with major ear ache but wilst driving a pallet taxi around london i can not do much... So she who must be ignored rings Mr Cornwall up now the plot thickens he informed wifee that the head was placed in the box along with the head gasket bolts and head set...
    no no head still in box apart from lots of shreaded newspaper and head set and bolts..The box on closer inspection had damage on it and the box had been seald up with a tape from a company that does not do courier work..... result is MY HEAD HAS BEEN NICKED theiving basket i now want drop the old head on to the toes of the tea leafs foot if he wants a head that bad....
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

how did you pay for head mate
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

it comes in three`s

i paid by credit card so at least i have that for insurance

Comment

claim from the courier company it will be there that it was nicked .
        so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

it comes in three`s

AT the moment i am in discussion with Cornwall but wifee has had some abrupt phone calls from night freight virtually accusing us of the theft. if they carry on a complaint will be going into there head office about their attitude......

We all hear of they delivery being hijacked on the way to the door but a cylinder head.. It looks like there might be head for sale on ebay soon when they realise its no good to them.....

Comment

Its most probably rattling around in one of their lorries, or failing that kicked under one of their desks.

Paul
            DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Its dabigman! he spotted it at his dept and took it for a spare!

Serious mode........

UKcylinder heads needs to step up and sort you out, you didn't know what was in the package when signing for it. Its a problem between them and the delivery Co.

They've helped a few people out on here with good heads and prices so far, and were interested in an Ad on the website.

Lets hope their costomer service is up to scratch.................
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Its dabigman! he spotted it at his dept and took it for a spare!

Serious mode........

UKcylinder heads needs to step up and sort you out, you didn't know what was in the package when signing for it. Its a problem between them and the delivery Co.

They've helped a few people out on here with good heads and prices so far, and were interested in an Ad on the website.

Lets hope their costomer service is up to scratch.................
                .....As we can always reccomend people to take their business elsewhere !

I,m pretty sure there will be more people on here looking for a new head ?

Geoff
                Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

If any of you guys need any help with ordering from uk cylinder heads i live about 1 mile away so i am going to go to see them to see if i can get any deals for members etc . koi can i offer them ad space or anything like that on here ???? or has this been done already ???

cheers

jason
                  [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/auto/car-smiley-006.gif[/img] [b][color=red]Anyone for [u]fluffy[/u] wheeltrims[/color][/b]

Comment

Originally posted by valarius
                    If any of you guys need any help with ordering from uk cylinder heads i live about 1 mile away so i am going to go to see them to see if i can get any deals for members etc . koi can i offer them ad space or anything like that on here ???? or has this been done already ???

cheers

jason
                    How bout telling them to sort out Mark's lost head for starters???
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I had a similar experience with a delivery from The Towbar Warehouse. To their credit, once they realised that one of two parcels were missing, didn't even suggest that I contact the courier. They took it on face value that the parts were short and I will therefore use them again.
                      My only complaint was that it took me three days to get someone to answer their phone.
                      Push the supplier. They are the couriers customer- not you. They should make sure you are happy and take it up with the courier.
                      Best of luck. Theres always Steven Rhodes at BBC Three Counties ( the consumers champion ).
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

ok ok i will be straight down there in the morning to see them
                        [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/auto/car-smiley-006.gif[/img] [b][color=red]Anyone for [u]fluffy[/u] wheeltrims[/color][/b]

Comment

it comes in three`s

Thanks for the support everybody

I am not dissapointed with ukcylinderheads as they seem very disconcerted with Night freight over the matter but wifee has had some nasty phone calls from night freight virtually accusing us of the theft....

So to put ukCH at rest i took photos of the box & sent them the ammunition they need to show the courier company that the box had been tampered with ie. the packing tape where the theiving git got in is completely different to the tape they use.

So dont be too hard on the lads in Cornwall its not their fault..

I`m just waiting for the next disaster
                          Last edited by mark g8awo; 6 November 2003, 20:21.

Comment

nightfreight are ****ers!... they've got a depot just along from us... i did a weeks work for then but that was enough!

trouble is if you've signed for it then it is on the understanding that the package was in good condition, not sure on the legal stuff. but i always write any damage on the dockets when i deliver 1) so it doesn't come back that i nicked anything 2) so the consignee has some comeback.

more than likely if they searched round the hub then it will be lying on the floor there with someone wondering what it is!

but saying that, we do get stuff that mysteriously competely vanishes!!
                            (and we deal with pallets!, try hiding one under your coat!)
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

your credit card co. own the head as you have not payed them for it yet
                              therefore its also there problem let them fight it for you
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X