Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. New member here - just in the process of haggling for a 1993 SSR-X 2.4td Auto.

Have been looking at the threads for a few days and you are all very helpful & knowledgeable!

Glad to say I got insurance okay through Lifesure for £299 fully comp, with 2 yrs intro n/c bonus! Not required to fit immobiliser either (but will anyway)

If I want to know about towbars, manual hubs etc., should I post my questions in the technical forum?

Just for interest I have owned several Jap cars & motorbikes. Currently own a Toyota RAV 4, which will be going shortly, a Honda ST1100 Pan European & a Honda NT650V Deauville motorcycles.
    Formerly owned a Honda Accord Aerodeck, Toyota Corolla liftback and a few others!

Looking forward to owning my SURF and having a play!

P.s. Anyone else live here in sunny Wales?
    Last edited by greybeard; 16 March 2005, 14:59.
    Greybeard
    Life is not a rehearsal!

Not so sunny today mate! Another Welshman and motorcyclist, great!

Comment

Originally posted by dazzo23
      Not so sunny today mate! Another Welshman and motorcyclist, great!
      There's lovely! Sunnier now I've just clinched the deal on my Surf.
      Its off to be MOT'd and the few niggling faults corrected and then we will be off into the sunset <fx: dreaming again> can't wait!
      Greybeard
      Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Well done on your purchase, and welcome to the group!!!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Welcome

Fraid I'm not a Welshman but welcome anyway.
          I had an ST1100 for 5yrs - great bike. Traded up to a STX1300 and no regrets.
          Now enjoy the Surf just as much as the bikes.
          Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by greybeard
            Hi all. New member here - just in the process of haggling for a 1993 SSR-X 2.4td Auto.

Have been looking at the threads for a few days and you are all very helpful & knowledgeable!

Glad to say I got insurance okay through Lifesure for £299 fully comp, with 2 yrs intro n/c bonus! Not required to fit immobiliser either (but will anyway)

If I want to know about towbars, manual hubs etc., should I post my questions in the technical forum?

Just for interest I have owned several Jap cars & motorbikes. Currently own a Toyota RAV 4, which will be going shortly, a Honda ST1100 Pan European & a Honda NT650V Deauville motorcycles.
            Formerly owned a Honda Accord Aerodeck, Toyota Corolla liftback and a few others!

Looking forward to owning my SURF and having a play!

P.s. Anyone else live here in sunny Wales?
            Hi welcome to the madhouse, manual hubs & tow bar in the general tech section will be fine, if you try a search for these you will find plenty to be going on with.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

You won't be disapointed

Had mine 2 months permanent grin, i'm an ex biker got kids to think of now got to slow down some time,i'm also welsh and love the welsh A roads in mid -wales

Comment

Thanks to all for your warm welcome!

Silversurfer said:
                >Fraid I'm not a Welshman but welcome anyway.
                Thanks. I'm not a Welshman either, just a recent interloper from King George country!

>I had an ST1100 for 5yrs - great bike. Traded up to a STX1300 and no >regrets.
                Hmmm, tried the STX, but didn't like it much - too 'sporty' for me (coz I'm an old codger!) I love my Pan, but its got to go. I have to pay for the Surf somehow! I'll have to make do wtih the Deauville for now until I can get a Trailie bike (this off road bug gets to ya!)

Valleys boy said:
                >Had mine 2 months permanent grin,
                Well I've only got as far as a test drive so far, so looking forward to collecting it at the weekend. friend of mine has been a mechanic on Isuzu's, Toyota's, Landies etc, etc for donkeys and he says my Surf is in good condition.

>i'm an ex biker got kids to think of now
                It happens to most of us at some time. My kids re all grown up and still living in England!!

>got to slow down some time
                Nahhhh!

>i'm also welsh and love the welsh A roads in mid -wales
                They are superb - and nearby is a lovely mountain area of forestry where we can play off-road!
                Greybeard
                Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Working...
                X