Help Wanted Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Wanted Please

Just had new cruise control and alarm/immobilsier fitted to my 98 3rd gen Surf 3.0TD Auto. Both are good but................

Since fitting if I put left indicator on the speedo neddle jumps up and down in time to the indicator click. Likewise if cruise engaged and I indicate left cruise switches off and speedo neddle jumps as above. Think problem might be speed sensor related since this model surf is electronic speed sensor to speedometer, no cable.

It seems like there must be some conflict with one of these gizmos and Surf electrics, but the one common thing about this is the indicators - since alarm arming fires hazard warning to let you know it has armed/disarmed.

The cruise control fitter has no clue and this is getting a bit weariesome and he thinks fitting a second independent speed sensor might fix problem. Do not want to go through this hassle/cost etc. if is going to be a waste of time.

Any gurus out there who might be able to shed any light on this?

All help/responses gratefully welcomed.
    Live for Today

Did you fit this system yourself??? if not I would go back to the installer and expain what is happening and ask them to put it right.
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

I think the fitter has messed up the install and got a wire wrong somewhere.I'd check the wiring that's connected to the hazard/indicators.

Neville

Comment

Working...
      X