Pitman arm is a hooer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitman arm is a hooer

Steering box started weeping fluid badly yesterday. So i took it off today and am going to get new seals for it. But i just cant get the damn pitman arm off. Was going to bring it to a garage to see if they would pull it for me. Or buy a puller. Does nayone know where i can get a pitman arm puller. I know this question has been asked before but not answered properly.
    Help, please. I'm Surfless and its not good.
    Cheers
    Del
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

STEVO did mine as he had one. THEY ARE TIGHT.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      STEVO did mine as he had one. THEY ARE TIGHT.
      Think he's to far away for that, thats why I didn't bother to offer mine.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Here's a couple

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...95250&tc=photo

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/category/p...nd-type-levers

http://www.justoffbase-tools.co.uk/v...ols/AK273.html

Rich.
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Unforunately all of those are too small. I measured the shaft and its around 31mm. They are all around 28,29mm. Will try to get one locally tomorrow or else take the box to a garage and see if they will do it. Probaly best to get the puller kind as opposed to the pickle fork kind.
          Cheers
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Am ordering the seal kit for the box today. Will post part no when i get it. Think i will bring box with me to Toyota garage when i'm collecting the seals and get them to remove the pitman arm. Probably charge me about €100.
            :d
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Rubber boot

Another question! The rubber boot at the end of my pitman arm has a little cut in it. Does anyone know where i can buy a replacement boot, also ones for my ball joints? Do Milners or Roughtrax do them?
              Cheers
              Del
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

As i understand the rubber boot for the balljoint is not replaceable as its a sealed unit Sorry.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  As i understand the rubber boot for the balljoint is not replaceable as its a sealed unit Sorry.
                  Its OK Marky, its not your fault........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Apparently, you can get new boots for Toy balljoints. Got this part no from Yotatech.

Upper Ball Joint Boot: 43324-39015

Not sure if its right, but if someone wants to check it out, i'm sure it would save some money for people! :d
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                      Apparently, you can get new boots for Toy balljoints. Got this part no from Yotatech.

Upper Ball Joint Boot: 43324-39015

Not sure if its right, but if someone wants to check it out, i'm sure it would save some money for people! :d
                      Just tried it in the EPC, comes out as:-
                      Cover, Front upper ball joint dust
                      its for the 3rd Gen and 96 on Prados only.

I've double checked the EPC, whilst it clearly shows the boot as a seperate part on the 3rd Gens, unfortunatly the 2nd Gen does not list a seperate boot.
                      That's not to say that someone may not have tried the 3rd Gen boot on a 2nd Gen and found it fits, just that the EPC doesn't say so.
                      Last edited by Morr; 6 May 2005, 13:44.
                      Maurice
                      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                      X