Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Mounting Bracket

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get a hold of a radio mounting and blanking slot.

Any ideas where I can get one from?

Or better still anyone out there want to sell one??

Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

I got mine from Halfords. I think it was about a tenner. you get a radio housing and a storage housing for c.d.s

p.s. I think it was a universal fitment item, hanging on the racks over by the other radio components.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I got mine from Halfords. I think it was about a tenner. you get a radio housing and a storage housing for c.d.s

p.s. I think it was a universal fitment item, hanging on the racks over by the other radio components.
      Wow! Would never have thought of Halfords for something like this! I'm passing one tomorrow so will give it a try.

Cheers mate.

Any one else any ideas just in case my local Halfords don't come up with the goods?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

When I saw this thread I thought it was the answer to my prayers. Went to my local Halfords today looking for the part and couldn't find it. The sales guy couldn't help either. We looked through the catalogues and still nothing. Do you have any part nos. or anything that could help me to identify the bit I need. At the moment I have a huge gaping hole. Thanks

Andy

Comment

went in today its now 14.95 for the din sized box on its own.... most of the staff cant find the till let alone the stock..
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

IIRC mine is made by a company called "autostyle", which our local halfrauds stock. Got mine from a place called sungold autosounds. was an off the shelf universal part, as chillit said.
            Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

Arigato Gozimas

Originally posted by nednil
              Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get a hold of a radio mounting and blanking slot.

Any ideas where I can get one from?

Or better still anyone out there want to sell one??

Cheers guys for all the posts. Tried HalFrauds (like it) and now I remember - yes they're cra@p. Nothing doing and staff are about as helpful...

In the end I made a template from the real thing and made a copy using aluminium sheet. Cool eh! Works just fine. Wish I'd tried that in the first place.

I'll try locating the manufacturer mentioned above and see what they have (for future reference).

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Halfrauds

[QUOTE=nednil]Cheers guys for all the posts. Tried HalFrauds (like it) and now I remember - yes they're cra@p. Nothing doing and staff are about as helpful...

Well, I am one of those that have to tell it like it is! Went into my Halfrauds today wanting a CD autochanger for my Surf that had a Sony Radio cassette & CD/MD front etc. Guy knew the model (although it has been discontinued) looked up on his computer a comaptible autochanger (also Sony) and we had done the deal in 2 minutes. Guy actually knew his stuff, gave me lots of hints and tips on fitting etc.

Only rub is, need to take the radio out to connect the cables and can't get the b****r out!!!
                Greybeard
                Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Working...
                X