yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone tell me if this is a 3rd Gen Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone tell me if this is a 3rd Gen Surf?

Hi everyone, I'm still searching for a Surf!
    I was after an SSR-G but found this SSR-X, I'd like the walnut finish but I guess they can be fitted after. This model doesnt come with a reversing mirror in the rear spoiler - will this make life much harder reversing?! I think the rear spoiler on the X's look more subtle.
    Also, when should the cambelt be changed, is it 60k?
    Thanks for any feedback people

SSR-X

that is a 3rd gen. dont worry about reversing the spare will catch you. and the sat nav probably wont work over here unless you can get a disc with our maps on it
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yup that is a 3rd Gen.

Comment

Looks 3rd Gen to me but bear in mind the Sat Nav won't work over here
        [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

That is indeed a 3rd Gen surf. I wouldn't worry about the walnut facia it is in fact coloured plastic. The drop down mirror though is a great pose if not all together practical, I'm hoping it will be usefull when hitching up to my caravan. The lack of an intercooler will however make a difference, the satnav system will be useless along with the audio system. To give you an idea of the value, I payed £10300 for a 1997 SSRG last September from a dealer on the south coast the satnav and stereo had to be changed but other than that its bl!!dy great.
          P.S.
          The bull bar on that one is a cracker.
          Last edited by InfraRed; 10 March 2005, 00:23.
          [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by InfraRed
            That is indeed a 3rd Gen surf. I wouldn't worry about the walnut facia it is in fact coloured plastic. The drop down mirror though is a great pose if not all together practical, I'm hoping it will be usefull when hitching up to my caravan. The lack of an intercooler will however make a difference, the satnav system will be useless along with the audio system. To give you an idea of the value, I payed £10300 for a 1997 SSRG last September from a dealer on the south coast the satnav and stereo had to be changed but other than that its bl!!dy great.
            P.S.
            The bull bar on that one is a cracker.
            Cheers Ian,
            So the SSR-G has an intercooler and the SSR-X doesn't? How will that make a difference, is it to mpg or power (or both!)?

Comment

Originally posted by dave_wfc
              Cheers Ian,
              So the SSR-G has an intercooler
              NO
              An intercooled surf has an intercooler
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

and a scoop in the bonnet
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Not necessarily you can get SSRGs without an intercooler, I'm not sure how they came into the picture perhaps by the year of manufacture and yes they improve BHP and torque and with reasonable control of the right foot MPG. Basicaly its an efficiency thing the cooler the air entering the inlet manifold the more fuel it can carry and therefore a bigger bang.
                  [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                    NO
                    An intercooled surf has an intercooler
                    Ian's reply says that the lack of an intercooler will make a difference, I thought he was reffering to the SSR-X I was looking at.
                    I didn't need your comment, if the advertised surf said 'intercooled' I wouldn't have asked the question.

Comment

Originally posted by dave_wfc
                      Ian's reply says that the lack of an intercooler will make a difference, I thought he was reffering to the SSR-X I was looking at.
                      I didn't need your comment, if the advertised surf said 'intercooled' I wouldn't have asked the question.

Go back and read your question.
                      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto

Go back and read your question.

Dave, relax, its only a joke, while still being a little informative, a SSR-G won't always have a intercooler, most 96's won't, you need to buy newer to find more intercooled models, just look for the scoop in the bonnet.

An intercooled model will have a intercooler, it true. As unsual as it may appear, Jotto is right.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by InfraRed
                          Not necessarily you can get SSRGs without an intercooler, I'm not sure how they came into the picture perhaps by the year of manufacture and yes they improve BHP and torque and with reasonable control of the right foot MPG. Basicaly its an efficiency thing the cooler the air entering the inlet manifold the more fuel it can carry and therefore a bigger bang.
                          Thanks InfraRed, that was the answer I was looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Dave, relax, its only a joke, while still being a little informative, a SSR-G won't always have a intercooler, most 96's won't, you need to buy newer to find more intercooled models, just look for the scoop in the bonnet.

An intercooled model will have a intercooler, it true. As unsual as it may appear, Jotto is right.

Thanks Tony, if I saw, in the engine spec, that a Surf was 'intercooled' I would presume it had an intercooler!
                            Anyway - so I'd have to buy around 97-98 to get an intercooled engine, but I'll look for a bonnet scoop

Comment

Here's the intercooled model......................... ....see the hole in the bonnet ........................it's a 96
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by kazam401; 10 March 2005, 22:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X