Anyone with NTL broadband, read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with NTL broadband, read this

If you have ntl broadband, check this out.
    http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/foru...ead.php?t=4411

I've just got off the phone with them and they have just upgraded my connection from 750kb/s to 2mb/s for free !!!

Well worth a look and a phone call as the lady I spoke to said that it was going to take months for them to upgrade everyone,but seems as I had phoned they could do it instantly for me.

Andy.

cheers mate! im on a 750 here too, did you need a new box?
    Would be nice for some extra speed alround as I had a 1.5meg line when I lived in Oxford.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      cheers mate! im on a 750 here too, did you need a new box?
      Would be nice for some extra speed alround as I had a 1.5meg line when I lived in Oxford.
      Nope , no extra box needed, you will get upgraded to 2mb/s and still pay the same money.

Crikey this 2mb broadband's fast !!!

Andy.

Comment

If you have BT Broad band 1mb then they are doing a free upgrade to 2mb also

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
          If you have BT Broad band 1mb then they are doing a free upgrade to 2mb also
          mine went from 1m to 2m when i plugged it into a different computer!... must be the difference between usb 1 and 2!???
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            mine went from 1m to 2m when i plugged it into a different computer!... must be the difference between usb 1 and 2!???
            thats customer service at its best for you!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
              If you have ntl broadband, check this out.
              http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/foru...ead.php?t=4411

I've just got off the phone with them and they have just upgraded my connection from 750kb/s to 2mb/s for free !!!

Well worth a look and a phone call as the lady I spoke to said that it was going to take months for them to upgrade everyone,but seems as I had phoned they could do it instantly for me.

Andy.
              Cheers Mate, I phoned and got upgraded instantly, just had to restart the pc.
              Good info.

Comment

Most connections are being given a speed boost to fall into line with each other...

All BT broadband users should have twice the speed there used to (at the same cost) soon enough.. (check with your isp though as some make you register if your interested?!?)

Infact all Broad band users should be asking the question of there providers now..

slugman... usb 1 and 2 aint got out todo with your broad band speed.. maybe reconnecting just refreshed your connection...

Comment

Just popped on to the NTL home page and went to the broadband section, click on upgrade my speed, follow it along and select the same price package as you have now, hey presto, instant 2mbs broadband!

Comment

they upgraded me to 1meg but have to wait for a new box before I get 2 meg
                    ahhh well - it pings well enough in games
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Just a word of warning. If you are on the 17.99 a month package, they will upgrade you to 1 mb. BUT it only has a 3 GB p/month limit.
                      !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin-uk
                        slugman... usb 1 and 2 aint got out todo with your broad band speed.. maybe reconnecting just refreshed your connection...
                        old computer connects at 1.1.... new connects at 2.2... unless i use the side usab port (usb1) that still connects at 1.1??
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
                          Just a word of warning. If you are on the 17.99 a month package, they will upgrade you to 1 mb. BUT it only has a 3 GB p/month limit.

That is true, if you were on the 600kb service and get upgraded to 2mb/s then you get a limit of 1gb a day.

Andy.

Comment

I am going to change to broadband soon,is the NTL broadband service any good?I have been told to avoid Tiscali and BTYahoo,if someone could recommend a decent isp for broad band,that would be great.Thanks.