ln130 new head but spurious temp readouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ln130 new head but spurious temp readouts

just picked up my jeep after being in the garage since november for cracked head, now it seems not to overheat but read no temperature at all untill about 6 miles of driving then goes to just below half then a quarter then back to nothing at all and then the process is repeated again.
    its just had a brand new head rad etc and i am not sure what to do nor if the garage know what to do ,does this sound like an airlock or something else

also i could someone tell me what kind of readout the oil pressure gauge should read upon start up and after the engine is at temperature
    ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Has it had a new thermostat fitted?

Oil gauge should normally be about 1/3 up the scale at 2000 rpm (can vary with new or thin oil etc).

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
      Has it had a new thermostat fitted?

Oil gauge should normally be about 1/3 up the scale at 2000 rpm (can vary with new or thin oil etc).

Nevillef
      Yep check stat and also coolant levels, are both heaters working OK, could be an air lock somewhere
      Attached Files
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Here you go -

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/oil.html
        Last edited by Linda; 9 March 2005, 17:35.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

oil pressure ok then,yes both heaters work and no bubbling sound either,just looked at the filler cap on the stat and the rubber seal is knackered so ill order one to be on the safe side and may as well order a stat while im at it im not taking the surf back to the garage after i got a 2300 quid bare head job done

ill finish the job myself

Comment

Sounds more like an electrical problem to me, I would check the connection to the temperature sensor. the sensor itself may be faulty or if you are also getting erratic oil pressure readings, it could be a faulty instrumentation regualator.
            [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

temp connections ok

Comment

Working...
              X