Heart Transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart Transplant

Just for my information would a 3.0 engine fit straight into my surf? It is having a recon engine but was just interested as to whether a 3 litre would fit straight in without having to change much.It is a 2.4 1992 ssrx.
    What's the score?

Paul.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

you need the loom appparently...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
      Just for my information would a 3.0 engine fit straight into my surf? It is having a recon engine but was just interested as to whether a 3 litre would fit straight in without having to change much.It is a 2.4 1992 ssrx.
      What's the score?

Paul.
      A quick forum search would reveal that yes it can be done, but you'll need to change over the wiring loom and a few other bits'n'bobs too. A lot of work.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

You have to move the engine mounts back about 2". Different wiring, Ecu, and you need a different sump . There are many other things that i cant remember.
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

easier to just intercool the 2.4....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I won't bother chaps, thanks anyway,spent nearly 10 grand on the damn thing anyway since buying it just keeping it on the road for 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
              I won't bother chaps, thanks anyway,spent nearly 10 grand on the damn thing anyway since buying it just keeping it on the road for 18 months.

Spent 10k, how? Did you have it re sprayed in 9ct gold!
              [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

ln130's eat money, lash a 3.5 v8 rover innit lol

http://www.engineconversions.co.uk/toyota.html
                Last edited by fester; 9 March 2005, 23:50.
                ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

could have got a good one for that
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I may have exaggerated somewhat but i'll try and break it down and see just how much it's cost me so far on top of the original £5000 i paid for it.

18 months fully comp insurance £750
                    4 new BFG A/T's £350
                    Tax (18 months) £260
                    New exhaust £170
                    Normal services x 2 £340
                    Cambelt service plus new front discs and pads £450
                    Repairs in France when fan belt tensioner sheered £250
                    New thermostat £25
                    New cylinder head kit plus cambelt plus all hoses all shipped to France and fitted by engineer £2500 (includes 3 weeks car hire while work was done etc)
                    Latest bill for recovery,recon engine,new turbo etc..£3000

£8095...... sorry i did exaggerate a bit.

Comment

Cut your losses, sell it and get a 3 litre. I spent loads doing the head on my 2.4, then the crankshaft broke so I decided enough was enough and got a 3.0.

So glad I did it's got so much more power and is so much nicer to drive.

Luckily I could afford to do this cos the taxman gave me back a few k from a previous life as a company director - now that doesn't happen very often now does it (the taxman giving back money)!

Still gotta either find a buyer for my broken 2.4 or break it myself and sell bits. Wanted to get the new one first though so I knew what bits I wanted to keep from the old one.
                      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

It's a good idea mate but i just don't have the money for a 3.0.

Comment

Working...
                        X