Anyone got 2" lift and 31x10.5 tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got 2" lift and 31x10.5 tyres?

I am thinking of gettng a 2" lift kit for my new surf. Just wondering if the 31x10.5/15 tyres/wheels will still be the best bet. I will be off-roading so need decent articulation without risk of rubbing arches etc. Don't really want to change them just want to make sure the surf is still going to look o.k. with this size tyres.

Looking to get new mud tyres soon so I want to make sure I get the right size first time.

Anyone got photos of a surf with this setup of lift/tyre size?
    No longer a Surf owner.

Originally posted by codlord
    I am thinking of gettng a 2" lift kit for my new surf. Just wondering if the 31x10.5/15 tyres/wheels will still be the best bet. I will be off-roading so need decent articulation without risk of rubbing arches etc. Don't really want to change them just want to make sure the surf is still going to look o.k. with this size tyres.

Looking to get new mud tyres soon so I want to make sure I get the right size first time.

Anyone got photos of a surf with this setup of lift/tyre size?

My Surf has a 2" suspension lift and a 1 1/2" body lift and I run 31" tyres. I was thinking of going up to 32" but will wait till these wear out first
    Attached Files
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

yep - I run a 2" susp lift and 31x10.50x15 BFG A/T's on the Bullet, and have used our 31" Kunho M/T's on it - no probs offroad - and I have tested it to the extremes!! Mind you we ran the 31" MTs on the unlifted 2.4 offroad and had no probs with them either... still the lift does improve approach/departure angles.

Lots of pics on our website - link below.
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Jotto - your rear end looks a bit saggy (ohh err) - have you got a shed load of tools/recover gear in the back or something?

Linda - Is this the Black Bullet then?

Yeah, that looks fine, I ran 31x10.5 on my last (unmodified) Surf and my new (currently unmodified) one has this size too - I really just wanted to ensure I should get the same size when I get my mud terrains, which I think I will do.

Just got to decide what brand now, prob going for some Khumo M/T...

Thanks
        Simon
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

I've got the 2" lift on mine & I run 31's (BFG ATs)
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

Same here...

wound up the old torsion bars, and + 1 1/2" coils on the rear...

31 10.50/R15... AT's.... (mind you it had them on before I wound the suspension up...)

Runs fine... its just me that want to go taller.... (delboy syndrome...)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AndyLala; 9 March 2005, 00:19.

Comment

Ran 31x10.5's on the standard rims with a 2" suspension lift with no problems at all. Now got a 1" body lift as well and running 32x11.5's on 15x8 rims and again all seems to clear even with extreme rear articulation because of no anti roll bar.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

yep as said before run 31 BFG muds on a 2" lift never had them rub even though i chucked out both roll bars cut down the bump stops and do silly things in it.
                (see thread "cocking a leg")
                mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Yes mate - thats the Bullet... we like Kunho's... Micheldever Tyres nr Andover do a set for about £220.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

2" lift, 31x10.5x15 muds ok
                    Attached Files

Comment

31" m/ts, No lifts, I think.( well I hav'nt lifted it anyway!) No probs.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                        2" lift, 31x10.5x15 muds ok
                        looks like more than a 2" lift Scotty?

I run 31" MT tyres on 2" suspension lift- also tested to extremes, no body contact to report!

Nevillef
                        Attached Files

Comment

definately only a 2" lift laser jock, took the ajustible shock off and replaced with supertrucks 2" lift kit.

I think removing the mudflaps and side steps give it an instant lift even without a lift kit, hope that makes sense.

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                            definately only a 2" lift laser jock, took the ajustible shock off and replaced with supertrucks 2" lift kit.

I think removing the mudflaps and side steps give it an instant lift even without a lift kit, hope that makes sense.

cheers scotty
                            Yup- didn't notice the mud flaps were gone (is that legal??) could be what made the difference.

Nevillef

Comment

It certainly looks taller...

But closer inspection reveals that the top edge of the rims is in line with the bottom edge of the front valance and rear bumper (or near as dammit)...

Does look like my Torsion bars are sagging though... and those blasted ProComp springs... that are closer 1" than 2"

andyL

Comment

Working...
                              X