Is the forum playing up ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the forum playing up ??

on thefront page all new posts are undifinded (no name on them)
    when you now goto an attachment it does not open as a separate attachment so if you log on to open the attachment, view it then use the back button you go back to the log on screen and that sends you back to the attachment...
    It does this on my hme computer as well as work..

Is it just me or is there a gremelin (?) at work??

Mark

Originally posted by madcampbell
    on thefront page all new posts are undifinded (no name on them)
    when you now goto an attachment it does not open as a separate attachment so if you log on to open the attachment, view it then use the back button you go back to the log on screen and that sends you back to the attachment...
    It does this on my hme computer as well as work..

Is it just me or is there a gremelin (?) at work??

Mark
    I see what you mean by the "undefined" bit on the main site page, I've got that too, but otherwise all is fine, no probs with attachments, logins etc.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hi Morr

From what I remember..I thought an attachment would open in a separate window so you could reduce it and carry on reading the posts on that thread...then reopen the attachement when fully loaded

Is my mind going at such a young age??

Mark

Comment

You're right it used to, now they are opening in the same browser window, this is not giving me the login difficulties you appear to be experiencing, but is a bit of a pain nonetheless.
        I noticed we upgraded to a new version of the vbulletin software which the forum uses recently, perhaps that was when the change occurred.
        I'm sure the mods will see this thread soon enough, and offer their wisdom, after all they are always on the ball when it comes to resolving issues such as this.
        Last edited by Morr; 8 March 2005, 12:22. Reason: fixing my grammer this time
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Few
          I thought I was going mad for a minute
          Cheers
          Mark

Comment

OK attachments opening up in same browser window this has happened since the last upgrade. Will look in the admin section to see if we can change it in there. In the meantime you could right click and open in new window.
            As for the undefined bit I am not seeing it, could you do a alt print screen (or use a digi camera) and post it up so we can see what your seeing.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
              OK attachments opening up in same browser window this has happened since the last upgrade. Will look in the admin section to see if we can change it in there. In the meantime you could right click and open in new window.
              As for the undefined bit I am not seeing it, could you do a alt print screen (or use a digi camera) and post it up so we can see what your seeing.
              this should be it
              Attached Files

Comment

i am experiencing difficulties when logging out - it says an error occured when trying to log you out. You have to try again to get it to work.
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/view_rigs.php

Comment

Originally posted by silversurfer11
                  i am experiencing difficulties when logging out - it says an error occured when trying to log you out. You have to try again to get it to work.
                  i'm also getting the "error occurred whilst logging out" message & everything else mentioned above.

i don't know who does the actual programming work on here but i think the 'undefined' is a javascript default value when things are not all well. We experienced this at work some time ago & basically i think the latest version of our software has bugs - one for the administrators.

Comment

Originally posted by silversurfer11
                    Yeah thats been happening for a while now.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels
                      i'm also getting the "error occurred whilst logging out" message & everything else mentioned above.

i don't know who does the actual programming work on here but i think the 'undefined' is a javascript default value when things are not all well. We experienced this at work some time ago & basically i think the latest version of our software has bugs - one for the administrators.
                      Well its all working fine for me, no undefined, no errors on logging out.
                      I reckon its your IE just being a tad pedantic with the latest version we updated to of v bulletin.
                      But we is on the case as I type.
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

No probs here, but last night my new avatar was animated, now its not. the same with the smilies!

p.s. I never log out, I just close the page before switching off is this ok?
                        p.p.s When I have logged on, I save the page to favorites, then just click on that each time I visit. Sometimes it takes me to the 'new posts' page, or I have to enter password.

Comment

OK fixed the 'undefined' problem, seems a field name changed in the upgrade from last_poster to poster.

The attachments opening in the same window is something that will take more finding. Think they must have changed something on the templates as there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the control panel.

As an interim, if you want to open up the attachment in a new window, right click the thumbnail and select open in new window.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X