No announcement yet.

Old landcruisers addiction (this week)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old landcruisers addiction (this week)

Did a 250mile round trip to see these two BJ40s. They've had doors and stuff swopped as the owner reckoned the red one was the better of the two however it was the blue one I drove.

The blue one has rotten tub and you can see the wheels from inside. The red has plenty of rust, back door edges are very bad but inside its surprisingly ok. Id still expect to have to rip out half the floor even so.

BLUE ONE

RED ONE

€500 for the two was the asking price, he says he even has a third yellow one which is not worth seeing but could be useful.

Also, anybody notice the '85 surf on ebay.co.uk with solid axles and all that for a giveaway????

you drove that!!!!!!

Brave man.
    mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      Also, anybody notice the '85 surf on ebay.co.uk with solid axles and all that for a giveaway????
      yeah!... the irn bru coloured one!?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

im not sure which is which, red OR blue???
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Buy the red one and contact M.T.V. and ask them to PIMP it.

Comment

Are you going to restore them Jim?
            French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Nice Jim, lotta potential for fun, BUT!!! tell me about the tractor in the sixth pic, could be another trip over there with a trailer this time.............

Yeah, we saw the 1st gen, its sweet, but alas! have to many trucks ATM.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Did a 250mile round trip to see these two BJ40s. They've had doors and stuff swopped as the owner reckoned the red one was the better of the two however it was the blue one I drove.

The blue one has rotten tub and you can see the wheels from inside. The red has plenty of rust, back door edges are very bad but inside its surprisingly ok. Id still expect to have to rip out half the floor even so.

BLUE ONE

RED ONE

€500 for the two was the asking price, he says he even has a third yellow one which is not worth seeing but could be useful.

Look nice Jim, major project but worth it in the end, saw one for sale in 4x4 magazine, fully restored 1982 for £9500. They are worth loads of money cos good ones are rare as hens teeth plus they are the vehicle of choice if you really want to go hardcore off roading. Would definately be worth it for 500 Euros.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Nice Jim, lotta potential for fun, BUT!!! tell me about the tractor in the sixth pic, could be another trip over there with a trailer this time.............
                  would love to restore one ....... slowly

tractor was deutz d40 3 cyl water cooled €2,000

Comment

I regularly park next to a very tidy blue BJ40 at work, very tasty motor indeed...

Me want one too !!
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I used to have on in kenya, they are great cars would love another one but dont think I have the time/patience to fix one of those up, but go for it.
                      Mine had no breaks (well ones that worked) we just drove it off the road and used a tree or bush to stop that bumper can stop anything!!!!

Comment

was it a runner and could he be talked down do you think?
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Would be an interesting project but I hope you're handy with the P40...!!!
                          Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

I'd prefer something like this:

TOYOTA Landcruiser VX Station Wagon , 5 Doors, Automatic, All Terrain, Diesel, J Reg , 73,000 miles, Metallic Red, MOT-09-2005. MOT at delivery, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Chrome wheels, Cruise control, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof. RAISED SUSPENSION £8,000

Photos:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...00508183645761

Would be pretty good offroad.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              yeah!... the irn bru coloured one!?
                              Awh dont be nasty about it... its a nice truck, a very very nice truck... I have a feeling we'll be seeing it quite a lot......

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X