new surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new surf

hi i am looking to buy a 93 3ltr v6 surf looks like it has a 2inch lift can anyone tell me if these surf are ok or do they suffer any major problems.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by mattys surf
    hi i am looking to buy a 93 3ltr v6 surf looks like it has a 2inch lift can anyone tell me if these surf are ok or do they suffer any major problems.

Thanks
    looks like more than a 2" lift... only major problem is if they have door mats hanging off them
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      looks like more than a 2" lift... only major problem is if they have door mats hanging off them
      I could always change the doormats for small rugs

Comment

Originally posted by mattys surf

Thanks
        No major problems with the 3.0L V6 model (see the Technical Section for typical stuff). The main gripe is fuel consumption on these cars- but then what would you expect with such an engine?

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          No major problems with the 3.0L V6 model (see the Technical Section for typical stuff). The main gripe is fuel consumption on these cars- but then what would you expect with such an engine?

Nevillef
          Thanks for the info. I sold my 2.4td last week but have been sulking ever since and the trouble and strife has been ever since ,So went to look for anouther surf on sat, and liked the look of one so probably will be getting it .Fingers crossed.

Comment

Had a head gasket go on my 95 4Runner cost me £900 to repair at my local Toyota stealership but apart from normal wear and tear replacements like shockers etc that was the only problem in 90k miles and 6 years. The engine is a bit of a b!!ch to work on if you intend to maintain yourself the inlet manifold on top of the engine gets in the way of everything. You have to remove the air filter box and piping just to change the plugs. On a better note though she used to sound beautifull loved it to bits thats why I have bought another surf diesel this time, looks a bit easier to maintain although it has to be done more often.
            [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Working...
            X