Little wing mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little wing mirror

What is this little mirror for??? Where's it supposed to be pointing??

I haven't actually got a Surf (yet) so sorry if this becomes obvious once you drive one all the time!!
    It just does, OK?

not obvious to me mate!
    it is supposed to be a parking mirror to see the kerb i think but I find the main mirrors are fine and they are electric
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Not to mention, but if you have a wide body, all you can see is the wheel arch... and that is with it adjusted...

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo

I haven't actually got a Surf (yet) so sorry if this becomes obvious once you drive one all the time!!
        Apparently they are a requiremt in Japan where it is necessary to park close to the kerb - however they are useless as all you can see is the wheel arch and they are not adjustable.
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

First thing I did was take mine off. Just two polished stainless steel dome nuts left now to blank the holes.

Nevillef

Comment

i always found mine handy for hanging things on... took it off now though.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
              Apparently they are a requiremt in Japan where it is necessary to park close to the kerb - however they are useless as all you can see is the wheel arch and they are not adjustable.
              I have found that they can be adjusted with a 10mm spanner and a cross head driver. romove back cover and inside is an adjustment screw, that will give an amount of vertical movement. Also by slackening ( 1 or 2 turns) the 10mm bolt, the whole unit can be swung a little to the left or right.
              my wife has a fool proof method, she simply manovers the car until the she hears the alloys scraping the curb - brilliant!!!
              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

must be different to the 3rd gen version... it just moves side to side (no nuys or bolts) no vertical movement.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

it points at the wheel arch for a reason

it is a wheel arch mirror (for parking)
                  it is ment to look at the wheel arch and approx 5 inches of nothing its to stop you scraping you arches in parking spaces ect and to stop you parking with you arches hanging over kerbs

Comment

take it off, fill the hole, respray it. the mirror looks pathetic..... no style !

Comment

the mirror does move on the second gen's. But it is only the glass that moves. I found that out the other day as i was polishing mine. it is on some kind of pivot.
                      !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Range Rover exterminating processor
                        Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

It's for spotting youths on mini-motos who have crept up the inside. You can then turn left, squash them and claim you never saw them.

I have joined the anti-mini moto brigade, as they are driven by people with no tax, no insurance and idiots for parents. We must squash them all to stop them breeding another generation of psuedo criminals.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

As not 100% used to the Surf yet, so I find my mirror comes in handy for checking if i'm driving within the white lines
                            [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X