Dieselveg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieselveg

I've just been looking at a very interesting website called dieselveg.com , well worth a look.Does anyone have experience with vegetable oil conversions because if it works it looks like it would be well worth doing environmentally and financially.
    It seems that it has no detrimental effect on the engine as long as you start up from cold with diesel. Sounds good in theory but I'm not sure I want risk the engine in my £10,000 Surf.
    Ant.

Originally posted by ant
    I've just been looking at a very interesting website called dieselveg.com , well worth a look.Does anyone have experience with vegetable oil conversions because if it works it looks like it would be well worth doing environmentally and financially.
    It seems that it has no detrimental effect on the engine as long as you start up from cold with diesel. Sounds good in theory but I'm not sure I want risk the engine in my £10,000 Surf.
    Ant.
    Hi ant. If you do a search on veg oil, eco diesel etc you will find lots of info and helpful links on the forum. Lots are running 50% vegoil/50% mineral diesel mix with no apparant problems.
    Have a good read up and make up your own mind.
    My WVO activities have lapsed for the moment because the filter system I am using can't handle the cold weather because the oil is too thick to run through the filters when cold. I need to find an eco friendly way of warming the oil. Wind powered compressor/agitator anyone?
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Couldn,t you fit an immersion heater in your storage tank with the thermosat set low?
      This might be a silly idea, I'm ignorant about these things.
      Ant.

Comment

I used to use a tea urn to soften the oil - 20L at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Wind powered compressor/agitator anyone?
          I thought you said ALIGATOR lol
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ant
            Couldn,t you fit an immersion heater in your storage tank with the thermosat set low?
            This might be a silly idea, I'm ignorant about these things.
            Ant.
            I am using an old copper immersion heater at the moment but I was told to remove the supply to my lockup, as it is against local authority regs to use your initiative.
            I am considering building a lean-to against the back garden wall but it means that I will have to cart drums of WVO through our terraced house and cart them back again.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
            X