almost through SVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost through SVA

Dear all, i had the SVA for my surf today(3.0ssrx td) and i am pleased to report that it was not so bad...... i need help with trying to get hold of the following.....
    1 speedo face(or any suggestions)
    2 rear fog light (can i use one reverse lamp with painted lens?)
    3 front side lights do not operate when switched on?
    4 got to remove towing eyes at front.
    thats all that was wrong,i dont think that is too bad. Would welcome all suggestions and help in getting my surf registered..
    Thanks
    Optix

Sva

Speedo faces from Milners.
    You can use offside reversing light as a fog light, neede wiring and either paint the bulb or the lense red.
    As for side lights I presume you have checked the fuse and bulbs if so post it on the electrical thread.
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORK FULLTIME

Comment

Originally posted by optix
      Dear all, i had the SVA for my surf today(3.0ssrx td) and i am pleased to report that it was not so bad...... i need help with trying to get hold of the following.....

1 speedo face(or any suggestions)
      Get one from http://www.importedvehicles.co.uk/

2 rear fog light (can i use one reverse lamp with painted lens?)
      NO that will not go through the SVA test , also get that from http://www.importedvehicles.co.uk/

3 front side lights do not operate when switched on?
      check the fuse or it could be both bulbs .

4 got to remove towing eyes at front.
      If they are the ones bolted to the chassis just remove them .

thats all that was wrong,i dont think that is too bad. Would welcome all suggestions and help in getting my surf registered..
      Thanks
      Optix
      I'm surprised that you didn't do or check all of those things before the test , it's now going to cost you £30 for a re-test .

To register the vehicle you will need form V55/5 from the DVLA , you will need to produce the Jap de-reg - SVA certificate - insurance - Mot - Customs & Excise 386 duty paid form and a cheque for £115.75 , take that to your nearest DVLA office , and they will post you the tax disc and a form V948 to get the reg plates made up .

Hope this helps .
      Last edited by andy; 4 November 2003, 16:43.

Comment

Towing Eyes

Hi all

Can anyone explain to me why the eyes have to be removed.
        I assume they are the clip type that I have got on my 2.4. They were allready on it when I got it.

Rubblebags.
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

It's a load of bollux realy , but they say that they would damage anybody that you hit , well if you hit them they will probably be dead anyway , but that's the law as they see it .

Comment

Coincidence or wot ! When I picked my Surf up from the dealer and brought it home both side lights didn't work. Bulbs in both cases. Maybe they don't have any darkness in Japan !
            Stephen

1992 SSR-X Grey 2.4 TD Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              It's a load of bollux realy , but they say that they would damage anybody that you hit , well if you hit them they will probably be dead anyway , but that's the law as they see it .
              it's cos they go round it with a "knee" and a "head".
              all stuff above a certain level has to be bigger than the "head" and everything below a certain level has to be bigger than the "knee"
              thay're just metal curved things that they check for sharp edges and stuff with... (hmm another great explaination! )
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

sort of hijack

thanks lads

Just as I thought " Little Hitlers " I say it you do it.

On that silliy subject back in the 1900s I got knicked for not having a chaingard on my Bonnie. Now the other day I saw a crosser on the road with out a chain gard. The danger is still there so "what's it all about Alfie"
                over to you bikers.

Rubblebags.
                Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                  thanks lads

Just as I thought " Little Hitlers " I say it you do it.

On that silliy subject back in the 1900s I got knicked for not having a chaingard on my Bonnie. Now the other day I saw a crosser on the road with out a chain gard. The danger is still there so "what's it all about Alfie"
                  over to you bikers.

Rubblebags.
                  that's nothing! i got nicked for having a headlight bulb out!
                  even though i had a glove box full of spares and borrowed the pigs torch to see and change it!!
                  £30 fine! stinky bacon cozzer ####s!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    that's nothing! i got nicked for having a headlight bulb out!
                    even though i had a glove box full of spares and borrowed the pigs torch to see and change it!!
                    £30 fine! stinky bacon cozzer ####s!
                    Now now! this is a family site......
                    still, £30 for a bulb out is a bit ott. Could he not have given you a VDRS instead?
                    Ian
                    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
                    X