Info on Latest Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Latest Surf

Hi everyone, figured a forum would be the best place for information so if someone can help me out, that would be just outstanding.

I am looking for detailed information (specs and pics) on the latest surf (2003 Hilux Surf SSR-G 3.4L 5VZ-FE). I presume this is the fully loaded model, which is what I am interested in. Apparently there is no real solid information available online for this vehicle or I am just not searching right.

I am looking to import this car from preferably Japan with very little mileage (pref 10,000km or less). Anyone with any information would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Zohare

Zohare.

SSR-G is the top spec, however I don't think that a 2003 Model will be the latest (4th Gen) Surf - may be wrong though. Think it wil be the 3rd Gen shape (last of the line on that one). 5VZ-FE is the latest 3.4 Litre Petrol engine, far better than the 3 litre V6 that went before.

As far as specs go, should have automatic climate control, sunroof, rear mounted spare wheel, roof spoiler, wood trim maybe, recaro seats maybe, electric windows and mirrors etc etc etc etc....

SSR-G should be packed with toys

If you look on here there are a number of people with 3 rd generation Surfs - have a look on the main website at the members rigs.

Cheers

Comment

are they still making surfs?? what would a new one cost?
      2nd time unlucky with an import

Comment

Yes they are and loads of money

Comment

Originally posted by D-Piddy
          are they still making surfs?? what would a new one cost?
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

first things first don't think ur gona get 1 tho as there is no model report for them plus u need to bring in more than 1 cause u have to put it thro the crash tests an stuff

Comment

and a big fat pocket full of cash cause the tests is gona cost ya ALOT
              : KDN215W

Comment

Originally posted by joen.i
                first things first don't think ur gona get 1 tho as there is no model report for them plus u need to bring in more than 1 cause u have to put it thro the crash tests an stuff
                He's in Pakistan, I doubt they are as stupid as us about imported car rules.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Even closer to home may not be impossible....
                  I'm open to correction on this, but I don't believe any such model reports are required in Ireland, so importing one here should not be a problem, and I also believe that if importing a car into the UK, if it has previously been registered in another EU country, no SVA etc is required, could be wrong, but I think that would work.
                  Maurice
                  Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

lol just looked at profile there hehe silly me yeah can defo get them in ireland but not the uk or n.ireland unless as u say there is a europe has them but then again wouldn't want a left hand drive

Comment

Have a look at website www.japaneseusedcars.com they are showing several of the latest generation of Surfs for sale, the top spec model seems to be the vzn 215w, with the 3.4l engine.

Quite fancy one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                        Even closer to home may not be impossible....
                        I'm open to correction on this, but I don't believe any such model reports are required in Ireland, so importing one here should not be a problem, and I also believe that if importing a car into the UK, if it has previously been registered in another EU country, no SVA etc is required, could be wrong, but I think that would work.
                        OK, maybe not as straightforward as I thought. The Irish revenue now make mention of requirements for a "Statement Of Conformity", this is definitely a new thing here, as when I enquired a few years back about registering a kit car, they had no notions of tests or certs etc, it was just a case of "give us the money".
                        The times they are a changin! Interferin darn EU!

Originally posted by http://www.revenue.ie/services/bus_cust5.htm#12

12. What is a Certificate of Conformity and when is it required?

The Certificate of Conformity contains technical information concerning the vehicle e.g. Type Approval Numbers, Engine Size etc. "Type Approval" is used to describe the regulatory system applied to all new motor vehicles before they are brought into use in the EU. The system is designed to ensure that all such vehicles meet certain specified technical standards including safety, noise and exhaust emissions. All new motor vehicles other than motorcycles (which may soon require a Certificate of Conformity), agricultural and forestry tractors and mobile machinery must meet the requirements of the EU Type Approval Directives at the time of registration.

A Certificate of Conformity can only be issued by the manufacturer of the vehicle or his authorised agent (franchised distributor).

Vehicles previously registered using temporary export plates require a Certificate of Conformity if the vehicle is to be registered in the State.

Further information on Certificate of Conformity requirements may be had from Department of Transport, 25 Clare Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Tel: +353 (0)1 6707444 or Local 1890 443 311. Email: info@transport.ie
                        Maurice
                        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                        X