Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler

Hi everyone,
    Thought you 2.4 owners may be interested in www.turboboost.co.uk who have an intercooler kit for the hi-lux 2.4. £1200 though!!!

Eddie the aircon doctor
    [COLOR=darkred]Eddie The Air-Con Doctor[/COLOR]

Originally posted by aircondoc
    Hi everyone,
    Thought you 2.4 owners may be interested in www.turboboost.co.uk who have an intercooler kit for the hi-lux 2.4. £1200 though!!!

Eddie the aircon doctor

this may be a cheaper option http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...531648860&rd=1
    (if you can get it to fit!)

Comment

or this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...531655018&rd=1

why are their so many of these for sale?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...957380642&rd=1
        could be interesting
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

These only seem to be the rads and pipes. Surely an intercooler has a compressor, like an aircon unit, or am I just being daft? Can I use my air con rad for something other than collecting clay/stones/chalk?

For the amount of hot days we get in the UK my air con rads days are numbered. It would be great to be able to drop a spanner and bet that it had half a chance of ending up on the ground! .
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            These only seem to be the rads and pipes. Surely an intercooler has a compressor, like an aircon unit, or am I just being daft? Can I use my air con rad for something other than collecting clay/stones/chalk?

For the amount of hot days we get in the UK my air con rads days are numbered. It would be great to be able to drop a spanner and bet that it had half a chance of ending up on the ground! .
            The compressor in the system is the turbo - you already got that. The intercooler does what it says on the tin - it cools the air fuel mixture so making it denser and packing more in, result - bigger bang.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
              The compressor in the system is the turbo - you already got that. The intercooler does what it says on the tin - it cools the air fuel mixture so making it denser and packing more in, result - bigger bang.
              Ok I understand the bigger bang for the buck bit, but what is the coolant in the intercooler? I know the air is passed through the intercooler rad thingy but surely something is circulated through it to cool the air.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                Ok I understand the bigger bang for the buck bit, but what is the coolant in the intercooler? I know the air is passed through the intercooler rad thingy but surely something is circulated through it to cool the air.
                As far as I know there's nothing in it - it just relies on air from outside the vehicle (usually forced in though a bonnet scoop) being cooler than the top of the engine.
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

You can also get air to water intercoolers however they are generally air to air - i.e. there is no coolant in them.

Cheers

Comment

I had a look on howstuffworks.com

One of the links led to this http://www.pacificwi-fi.com/axelrod/

This DIY propane injection sounds interesting. I guess it would be illegal to do it without a licence, here in the nanny state, where we don't have the freedom to blow ourselves up if we want to.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

i saw a blokes website that showed how to make your own nitrous system from household objects!..\ i'll go see if i can find it!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

here goes

http://www.dynopower.freeserve.co.uk/nitrous_oxide/

http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/

Comment

and now you can get misters that spray water over the intercooler aledgedly good for another 5 % washer bottle anyone? insert humour regarding misters spraying water below....
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            and now you can get misters that spray water over the intercooler aledgedly good for another 5 % washer bottle anyone? insert humour regarding misters spraying water below....
                            that's water injection... used to be populat on cosworths

Comment

Soooooooo, I'm beginning to get it now. The intercooler goes between the air filter box and the air input to the turbo. I assume then that you must move the air temperature sensor that is housed in the airbox to the cold side of the intercooler, otherwise the ECU will only be seeing the temperature before the intercooler. I feel a project coming on...................
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X