Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer on Ebay...

called spoon456
    I've read his feedback and it's a 100%, no negative points. Just wondered if any of you guys had dealt with him?
    He has a nice looking SSRG for sale, 96 on 75k for £7,200 looks like a good price.
    Check it out...
    ]SSRG

is he a dealer? only 21 feedback so more like a private sale.
    not sure on 3rd gen prices but someone will advise.... depends if you want towbar and other extras etc etc really.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

He is a private dealer, only Surfs. When I was buying mine he had a choice of 4.

I bought my '93 Surf from him September last year and no problems so far.

He was a friendly guy but did not seem very knowledgeable about Surfs.

But he had no problems with AA/Mechanic checks.

Comment

Originally posted by jagr
        He is a private dealer, only Surfs. When I was buying mine he had a choice of 4.

I bought my '93 Surf from him September last year and no problems so far.

He was a friendly guy but did not seem very knowledgeable about Surfs.

But he had no problems with AA/Mechanic checks.
        thanks for the reply, thought he sounded ok from the feedback, but I would get it checked out although I would have thought he'd have had it looked over when he bought it.

Comment

For a 3rd Gen model, this is a very good price. Looks nice too, good luck...

Comment

For a 3rd gen top spec model that is an extremely good price. We paid £2.5 k more for our 1997 SSR-X Limited last june from a trade dealer with a six month warranty. It had an almost identical mileage to the one you are looking at. We had been looking for a while and it was the only black/silver one that we had seen and we particularly wanted that colour combination.
            At the price he is asking yiou could afford an AA/Rac mechanical check and a BIMTA check.
            See if he has got the Japanese logbook and/or the Japanese auction house paperwork. If he is importing the vehicles himself he should have at least one of these documents. This will allow you to check mileage and condition at point of sale in Japan.
            Keith

Comment

Check fo any accident damage, it looks like the spare has a lot of wear on the inside edge...........1 sign that suspension may be out of line due to damage.

Plus 4 new tyres maybe further indication of poor tyre wear.

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
                Check fo any accident damage, it looks like the spare has a lot of wear on the inside edge...........1 sign that suspension may be out of line due to damage.

that spare looks really pear shaped, if it came off that vehicle somethings not aligned properly
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                  that spare looks really pear shaped, if it came off that vehicle somethings not aligned properly
                  Thanks for the feedback!
                  I thought it looked too good to be true!
                  I guess thats why it's such a good price if the steering is out?
                  I'd never have thought to check the spare out.

Comment

Originally posted by dave_wfc
                    Thanks for the feedback!
                    I thought it looked too good to be true!
                    I guess thats why it's such a good price if the steering is out?
                    I'd never have thought to check the spare out.
                    If you want the vehicle you could ask the seller to get a geometery check done with a print out on to show whats where . May just be a simple tracking prob , but then may be worse , depends what it shows .

Rick
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401

Just a small point, and I may not be alone here, when I get my mitts on a Jap import (the surf is my 2nd) the first thing I do is junk the tyres on it.

My first import had tyres that were cracking, they were over 7 years old and showing their age.

I like to be able to trust the rubber footprint I have.

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                      X