15" or 16"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" or 16"

I spoke to the man at 4x4 accessories and wanted to order265/70/16 MT tyres on chrome 8 spokes just to use in the fields mostly at lambing/calving time. He couldn't get them 'till April but said that 31 10.5 x 15's would fit. I fitted them to the front and they jam on the brake caliper. Phoned again and he's going to send me spacers - do you think this will work?

Jacqueline

its not long till april, i'd give em back (and buy em off someone who knows what will fit?)
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      its not long till april, i'd give em back (and buy em off someone who knows what will fit?)

Unfortunately, I really need them now.

Comment

and heres me, a farmers son not spotting the lambing thing! sorry jax. still think it'll take a lot of spacing....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by jax
          I spoke to the man at 4x4 accessories and wanted to order265/70/16 MT tyres on chrome 8 spokes just to use in the fields mostly at lambing/calving time. He couldn't get them 'till April but said that 31 10.5 x 15's would fit. I fitted them to the front and they jam on the brake caliper. Phoned again and he's going to send me spacers - do you think this will work?

Jacqueline
          Hi Jax.
          No matter what kind of 15" wheels you put on, they'll never clear the calipers. 16"s or nowt.

Comment

Originally posted by jax

Jacqueline
            I guess you have a 3rd gen Surf. If so 15" wont fit.
            GET YOUR MONEY BACK
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

He's right, 15" is to small. You need 16".....hmmm on Banged up dot com theres sumat to do with 18" but i think thats irelevent...
              3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Thanks folks, I didn't hold out much hope of them fitting. I'll send them back.

Jacqueline

Comment

As he said they would fit it is now his loss
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by jax

Jacqueline

Looks like its an issue on 3rd Gen [believe they normally come on 16's]...I run the 31/10.5/15's [no need for spacers] using Colway ATs but thats on 2nd Gen and they're fine.
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                      Looks like its an issue on 3rd Gen [believe they normally come on 16's]...I run the 31/10.5/15's [no need for spacers] using Colway ATs but thats on 2nd Gen and they're fine.
                      Yep brake disks and calipers on 3rd gen are the same size as on the big Landcruisers, no way that a 15 inch wheel will fit unless you fit about a 2 inch spacer and that will definately kill your wheel bearings.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X