Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marky
    I thought he meant these.
    Don't dis me bitches. <sings>I Like big butts, and I can't deny.........
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

and there I was at one with nature, trying to raise the tone and look what happens! Only on this site.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
        What you trying to say there Matt??????

We use the lard to feed our whippets, ferrets, and homing pigeons......i'll roll my cap to you.........but it ain't burberry, you've got a reet southern opinion of us ooop north "ar kid"
        it's ok... i'm not a southerner!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

lard

undefinedundefinedundefined what do you mean lard in the fridge, lard in the garden. it should be in the chip pan
          Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Yesterday I was just about to throw away an offcut of waste pipe, left over from making the snorkel for the Zook, when I had an idea.

There was an old bath plug amongst the junk that has gathered in the shed. I replaced the chain with a piece of strong twine.I found that I could easily pull it through the pipe and it stayed square.

I went indoors and got the past it's use by 1Lb of lard that I had noticed in the fridge, some oats, some stale bread and wild bird seed. I melted the lard and let it cool a bit, mixed in the other ingredients and pushed it into the pipe from the top, with the plug in the bottom and the string sticking out of the top. I hung it in the shed overnight.
          This morning it had set solid. I pushed the mixture out from the bottom using an offcut of 1.5"x1.5" timber. I hung the rod of fat and stuff in a tree in the garden. The birds have been going mad over it all day. I have seen all kinds of tits and other woodland birds. The blackbirds and sparrows have been clearing up all the bits that the hanging feeders have dropped.
          I have also made sure that the bird bath is not frozen over so they can bathe and drink.
          Don't forget our feathered friends in this cold weather.
          I'm going to see if I can get some wildlife pictures tomorrow if they haven't eaten it all.

Comment

Originally posted by big red
            undefinedundefinedundefined what do you mean lard in the fridge, lard in the garden. it should be in the chip pan
            see!!... they even have a special pan for chips!

Comment

I can just imagine the birds up in areas of Scotland just curling up an dying at the tought of choclate covered in Fat [Mars Bar/Creme Egg fried]...what happened..someone accidentally drop their chocy bar in the mix and decided to dish it out again???
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                I can just imagine the birds up in areas of Scotland just curling up an dying at the tought of choclate covered in Fat [Mars Bar/Creme Egg fried]...what happened..someone accidentally drop their chocy bar in the mix and decided to dish it out again???
                i have marsbar sandwiches, toasted on the george forman "health" grill!

Comment

Working...
                X