My Best Friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Best Friend...

...for the last 18 years, Cassie, was sadly put to sleep yesterday after developing colic in the night, which the vet was unable to cure despite making every effort.

She was a fantastic horse, and meant the world to me, and Tony too.
    She came to me as a skinny, starving 5ish year old with Strangles (a nasty horesy disease) off the welsh hills in 1987, and after nursing her back to full health we did so much together during the last 2 decades.
    We took part in just about every equine discipline (except racing), she won rosettes, and trophies in their hundreds. She loved foals, and was a wonderful mum to Kelsie for the last 13 years.
    She was my greatest friend for so long, and loved to be petted and fussed, especially if food was involved. She was always there when I needed her, and I tried to return the favour.

The hardest thing was being away in Ireland when she died, but my friend and neighbour was with her, and the vet did everything possible.

I miss her beyond belief, but I have her daughter and hundreds of happy memories to carry on with me. I like thinking of her now grazing in horsey heaven with her great friend of 8 years, my thoroughbred Soltie, who went on ahead of her 6 years ago.

Last edited by Linda; 21 February 2005, 12:19.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

It's always painful to lose a friend, but your memories will ensure that thier name lives on. Too many people dwell on the loss, not the good times. I'm glad to see that you were left a legacy though.

Take care
    Andy

Comment

Awww thats bad news linda.
      always hard to loose a friend babe.
      she will live on in your heart tho.
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Feel for you matey, that's a real stinker especially as you weren't there. She had a super mum to get her over strangles so to have shared as much as you did was fantastic.

We never forget them.....
        Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Sorry to hear your sad news Linda
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Linda.

Sorry to hear about your loss, it's hard to lose a pet however long it has been but especially after so long.

Comment

sh1t babe - I'm so sorry to hear that
              Dave

Comment

My commiserations to you Linda for your loss, but the good times memories will be with you forever.

Comment

sad times Linda,

chin up gal, my sympathies,

ship

Comment

bad news dude... they looked fine on saturday! (in my limited horse medical knowledge!)
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sorry to hear the news Linda.
                      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Sorry to read the sad news Linda and Tony. Good to know you gave her a good life after her poor start . You will remember all the good times you had together in the shows .

All the best

Rick and Tam (and the cats)
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks all - the support really helps.

We've just been to collect a white, large dog sized, hundred year old pony called Dinky who is going to stay and keep Kelsie company for a few weeks as she is really missing her mum. She's finding it hard being alone so Dinky should be good for her.
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Linda &Tony,sorry to hear of your sad loss.