new to surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to surfs

Can anyone tell me the things to watch for when buying a surf im going to look at a 1992 surf 2.2 td

Originally posted by blackbess2
    Can anyone tell me the things to watch for when buying a surf im going to look at a 1992 surf 2.2 td
    Firstly there are no 2.2td Surfs to my knowledge. A '92 should be a 2.4 (sometimes incorrectly quoted as a 2.5)

To learn the things to watch for, spend some time browsing the forums here, using the search facilities as appropriate.

also have a look here for some tips on buying a Surf http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

hi,
      much the same as any other motor really except for head probs with some 2.4,s. You should check whether the head has been changed for a re-designed one as it can be costly to replace, also check it,s been undersealed and the 4x4 all works as it should. Try the FAQ section or the search facility at the top of the page, you should find answers to most of your questions,

happy hunting and be prepared for the HUGE grin ,

ship

Comment

thanks

gents thanks very much that very usefull
        any tips on insurance

Comment

Originally posted by blackbess2
          gents thanks very much that very usefull
          any tips on insurance

yep, shop around!!

some of the msot popular:
          A-Plan
          Tesco
          Lifesure
          Royal Victoria etc, etc.

this has been covered many times on here, try the search button, but as i said shop around as some people have been told, " we don,t do imports" yet other members are insured by the same firm!!

good luck

ship

Comment

Working...
          X