Toe-rags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe-rags

You can imagine my surprise when I began getting a load thud every corner I went round on the way to work this morning. I thougth the worst, thought that something had finally gone bits up on my baby. When I stopped to have a look what the problem was I was even more surprised to find that the clunking was coming from my towbar now only held on with one bolt yes one bolt. Some toe-rag has been trying to steal my towbar. You've been warned lock up your hitches. Lol

Ian
    Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Originally posted by high-surfer
    the clunking was coming from my towbar now only held on with one bolt yes one bolt. Some toe-rag has been trying to steal my towbar
    either that or he was stealing your bolts

Comment

Craneys had that problem for months! I still havn't given his back yet.

(have taken it off the the 4Runner now though)

Theives suck, you can weld one of the nuts up for security.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Theives suck, you can weld one of the nuts up for security.
        What sort of welder do you use on those? And isnt that against the Geneva convention or something!
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          What sort of welder do you use on those? And isnt that against the Geneva convention or something!

now thats funny!
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

You can imagine my surprise when I began getting a load thud every corner I went round on the way to work this morning. I thougth the worst, thought that something had finally gone bits up on my baby. When I stopped to have a look what the problem was I was even more surprised to find that the clunking was coming from my towbar now only held on with one bolt yes one bolt. Some toe-rag has been trying to steal my towbar. You've been warned lock up your hitches. Lol

Ian
            Ian,
            I'm not too surprised that someone has reported an attemped tow bar theft. On monday I was quoted over £300 at my local Bowman towbar centre to have one fitted to my 92 LN130!! That was with just 1 electric socket. Another £50 if I wanted 2!! I'll stick to buying my own for about £80, and get the electrics done, OR, come and nick yours now its loose!!! Whats your address,
            Pete

Comment

Its not the sort of thing everybody would want or use . I,d weld it on quick & keep your eyes open for towbarless surfs in your area.(Wonder what else you,ve got they might fancy)

Geoff
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

I've decided to leave it off now until I get back from the pit, that extra couple of inches of exit clearence will make all the difference hehe
                Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

Brainless Toerags

Parked Volvo Estate on drive. Toerags force open tailgate causing £££££££££££'s worth of damage. The driver and passenger doors were already unlocked. There was no need to break in.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

I've decided to leave it off now until I get back from the pit, that extra couple of inches of exit clearence will make all the difference hehe
                    Dunno bout that - I was very greatful for the extra protection to my rear end that the tow bar gave last time - better bash that than the bumper!!
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

You can never have too much "rear protection" I always say
                      Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "You Sir are drunk!"
                      "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X