Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken the plunge

Hi all,
    After 2 months of frustration and false starts finally sold the Freelander. I went down to Mackay Trading in Edinburgh and bought a 1995 3.0TD kzn 130 this morning. Just wanted to say thanks for all tips/advice which have helped me make my mind up.
    I am picking up my new machine next Saturday so will post a piccy then - just got to get insurance sorted now.
    I am sure I will be posting lots of "what does this do?" questions over the coming weeks.

Well done

Try A-Plan, Tesco and Lifesure for insurance.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Lifesure is the one unreal prices!!

Comment

good job selling the freelander a lot of ppl wont touch them after that top gear that showed how bad they were in a crash (dont blame them really),

cant wait to see the pics,

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
          Lifesure is the one unreal prices!!
          A-Plan beat em

Tesco were nowhere !

Trev

Comment

Don't know about A Plan but Life Sure were cheapest for mine and they don't require any form of alarms.

Steve
            Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
              Don't know about A Plan but Life Sure were cheapest for mine and they don't require any form of alarms.

Steve
              In my case alarms were not a problem, I had insisted on one when I got Hippo.

Trev

Comment

Go on, probably going to regret it what is " Hippo"

Steve
                Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Steve
                  Are you sure I am with life sure and they insisted on cat one but I do live in Swansea so perhaps that’s why ?
                  TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

Go on, probably going to regret it what is " Hippo"

Steve
                    check then you will know - yep that's me !!!

Trev

Comment

I found Lifesure were very good with a Perth postcode. Tesco were £100 dearer, but both were below £400.

Good to see another Surf owner in the fair city, where about do you stay, Ken ?

I think there are another couple of surfs in Perth, or around this area anyway. I drive the J-plate Burgendy over gray surf with the chrome spots. You can see me daily driving past the police station at about 4pm (i`m a creature of habit ) If you have any probs trying to find stuff on the surf, i could maybe help. I`m still learning, but I know a few mechanics who are giving me tips

Comment

Thanks Verbal,
                        I stay in Murthly but work at PRI - I'll give you a toot if I see you. Provided I can get the keys off the wife, the Corsa seems to have lost its appeal all of a sudden!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                          Thanks Verbal,
                          I stay in Murthly but work at PRI - I'll give you a toot if I see you. Provided I can get the keys off the wife, the Corsa seems to have lost its appeal all of a sudden!
                          I drive past the PRI daily, If I see a Surf badly parked on Jeanfield Road, I`ll know who to blame

I live about 5-10min walk from PRI, if you tell me the colour of your truck, I`ll look out for you

Comment

Not sure of technical description of colour but its a dark blue/green with A bar and bosch spots.
                            Thanks to everyone who suggested Lifesure. I filled in on line application, they phoned back within the hour: £325 fully comp for me and the wife with a £200 excess. I do have cat 1 alarm/immobiliser though. Still to shop around but suspect that will be hard to beat - they almost deserve it for being so efficient
                            Ken

Comment

Working...
                            X