Mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

Am considering buying a 2.0 litre Hilux Surf. Can't seem to find much info about them! Can anyone tell me what sort of fuel economy I can expect and if the car is generally any good?

2.4 & 3.0 SURF the 3.0 is a better option as it weighs 2 tonnes the 3.0 will pull better the MPG is around 22-28 mpg but all depends how heavy your right foot is.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by MartPigFace
      Am considering buying a 2.0 litre Hilux Surf. Can't seem to find much info about them! Can anyone tell me what sort of fuel economy I can expect and if the car is generally any good?
      The 2.0L petrol engined Surf is quite a rarity- there are so few about I don't think anyone here will know the answers to your ecconomy question. The only one I've seen was a MK1 2 door model. The engine used was same as in my 1989 Toyota Camry estate car- quite pokey in that car- but probably would feel under powered in something as heavy as a Surf. The Camry only used to get 27mpg by the way- a 2 1/4 tonne Surf I guess would yield even less?

Personally I'd steer clear and get one of the diesels. If petrol's your thing then there are plenty of 3.0L 4Runners about- but you'll need a tanker following you around.......

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
      X