X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too - 1990 2nd gen.
    :

Comment

OK,seems we have some interest!! Ill give this until Friday and then ill phone up these wheel spacer people trackstore, see what, if any discount we can get (if the moderators dont mind, dont want to stand on anyones toes)

If succesfull ill put up said price and what to do to qualify for discount ie:mention forum and possibly my name when ordering?

In the mean time get as many names up here as poss.
      [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
      [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

just wondering, these are the molded spacers and not the one's that need bolt extentions ? also what are they made out of ?

Comment

i'm interested in a set stick my name up. (could do with rplacing the washers i got at the mo!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Stiggy
            just wondering, these are the molded spacers and not the one's that need bolt extentions ? also what are they made out of ?
            i think im right in saying that these do require bolt extensions, usually spacer from alloy, extension bolts from steel.

Comment

ok i dont think i'll go for them then , i've herd bad things about them

Comment

Does the above price include 'all' ie spacers, bolts etc?
                [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

ok i dont think i'll go for them then , i've herd bad things about them
                  what others are there??... what bad things have you heard?

these bolt onto your original studs and then have 6 extra studs to bolt your wheels on with...
                  how robust do they need to be? think about it, your rear hub/halfshaft is only held onto the axle with 4 12mm bolts so they should be sturdy enough!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

these bolt onto your original studs and then have 6 extra studs to bolt your wheels on with...
                    how robust do they need to be? think about it, your rear hub/halfshaft is only held onto the axle with 4 12mm bolts so they should be sturdy enough!

I heard that due to breakdown of magnetism in the amorphous alloy system, the spacers will only be good for about 560 years

And it must be true because my mate in the pub said 'Magnetic susceptibility and Mossbauer measurements are reported for amorphous (Fe1-xNix)77Si10B13 in a Ni concentration range 0.85<or=x<or=1, where the breakdown of magnetism occurs. The authors propose a magnetic phase diagram in which, for x<0.91, long-range magnetic order undergoes a transition to a cluster-glass state. The pronounced influence of magnetic clusters upon the temperature and field dependence of the magnetisation is reflected in strongly curved Arrott plots and gives rise to spin-wave contributions even for alloys with low Curie temperatures. The fairly high ratio of the paramagnetic moment to the spontaneous moment is discussed in terms of a recent theory by Wagner and Wohlfarth (1980)'

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

From what I can see, they sell 2 types suited to the surf, one where you screw on extended studs and then slide the spacer on over (judging by the prices quoted I think that's the ones people are going for). The other, more expensive machined type bolts on to your original studs, and then it has new additional studs on it to attach your wheel to, a far better idea IMHO, and I believe the type Del originally referred to.
                      Maurice
                      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

yeah the one's i were going to get are machined from one peace of ali, the one's on this thread would have one spacer disc [i think] and 6 bolt extentions im not sure how they work but i dont think they are just longer bolts, so alot more things to go wrong and wear, also the one's i were going to get are tuv approved [what ever that is] and at cheapest they cost 3 times as much so there must be some differance, anyway search spacers and you'll get a better idea

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...hlight=spacers
                        Last edited by Mr Stiggy; 24 February 2005, 17:16.

Comment

...... are tuv approved [what ever that is] ......they cost 3 times as much ...

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...hlight=spacers
                          TUV approval is the Geman equivilent of BS in the Uk, DOT in th US etc, it is generally regarded as quite a high approval standard.

Trackstore do both types, their machined ones are twice the price of the regular spacers.
                          Depending on how this is approached, you may all have the option to purchase either type, if its a group buy then you've really all gotta buy the same ones at the same time, however if a discount for members is negotiated instead , say for 10% or whatever, than anyone qualifying from here could buy the spacers of their choice at a time of their choosing, a better option in my opinion (not that it bothers me as I'm not lookin for spacers anyway).
                          Maurice
                          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                            TUV approval is the Geman equivilent of BS in the Uk, DOT in th US etc, it is generally regarded as quite a high approval standard.

Trackstore do both types, their machined ones are twice the price of the regular spacers.
                            Depending on how this is approached, you may all have the option to purchase either type, if its a group buy then you've really all gotta buy the same ones at the same time, however if a discount for members is negotiated instead , say for 10% or whatever, than anyone qualifying from here could buy the spacers of their choice at a time of their choosing, a better option in my opinion (not that it bothers me as I'm not lookin for spacers anyway).

Thats what i had in mind.

Comment

i've just had a look at the trackstore site and as far as i can tell the one's your after are the good ones im sorry for the mistake, the bolts you get with them are just to fix them to the hub, not to extend the bolts them selve's .
                              Im gunna phone them tomorrow to make sure .
                              sorry for being stupid

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand posts!

These are the type of spacers to get.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X