Spacers ???? Whats the deal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacers ???? Whats the deal ?

OK, what's the deal with the wheel spacers then ? I know a few people who own surfs and have decided to go out and buy some. I am toying with the idea myself as it does make the truck look a little more chunkier but................. Don't these things knock the hell out of your bearings ??? What is the advantages and dis-advantages of having them, Can they cause more problems than enough like catching on full lock, bearing weakness, tyre scrubbing or traction problems ??? Which are the safest sizes, I have heard that the actual Spacer kits are the best and not the extended nut ones. So you help will be appreciated cause i might actually be buying my first modifications. There again, i might not

Cheers

Mike
    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Try looking under modifications, wheel spacers. im after a set as well but want to know the best ones to buy as i do not want to cut the existing wheel bolts. Ive e-mailed delboy from the forum, awaiting his reply. Linda said best to try him.

In the mean time if you find out a good set, let me know, they may do a discount for a couple of pairs!? you never know.

Cheers.
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I have looked at some and been recomended for the kits from Trackstore. Plus they are only around the corner from me so thats where ill be going . Not a bad site for things too

http://www.trackstore.co.uk/index.html

Comment

What size wheelspacer are you going for? 32mm? Am i right in saying that they come in pairs for £26 a pair. Ill give them a bell tomorrow
        Last edited by qube3; 16 February 2005, 22:10.

Comment

I think thats right. Though i may go for the not as thick on the front incase they catch. Does anyone know about the wheel bearing bit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
            I think thats right. Though i may go for the not as thick on the front incase they catch. Does anyone know about the wheel bearing bit ?
            They are unlikely to make your existing Tyres catch as they are designed to offset wider/higher profile wheels to stop them scrubbing the arches. As for the bearings I would just check them more regularly than normal.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Looks like ill be spending tomorrow then
              Cheers Phil.

Comment

Cheers Phil.
                Don't blame me
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Cheers Phil.
                  Me too!!!!

Comment

I want some too...

Please post which ones you ordered
                    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Hmmm... unnecessary, but so attractive. Just like 7 extra donuts...

If I was ordering off these guys, would ye all agree that for 4 spacers & all the relative nuts, I'd be ordering:

2 x SP61 OR 2 x SP62 @ a total price of £52 inc vat, excl shipping? If so, that's a great price...

Can anyone who has measured with a pitch guage advise on the thread pitch for the wheel studs - 1.5mm or 1.25mm spacing?

These guys will charge you for the return shipping if you order the wrong kit.

I've got 265/70x15 tyres, arch flares and no lift - will 32mm spacers cause problems?

Mark
                      :

Comment

Originally posted by qube3
                        What size wheelspacer are you going for? 32mm? Am i right in saying that they come in pairs for £26 a pair. Ill give them a bell tomorrow
                        Mike
                        I emailed you some wrong info. On the trackstore website. On the left go to wheel spacers and then select 'Machined Wheel Spacers'. Go to the Toyota ones on the second page. It ways they are only for a Landy, but they are for Surfs also.
                        Cheers
                        Del
                        Derek :
                        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Thanks Del, just sent you a reply. I take it they bolt straight on with no mods needed? And do you think they will be ok for aftermarket wheels? i have 8 spoke chromed steels 15''.
                          Last edited by qube3; 17 February 2005, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
                            Hmmm... unnecessary, but so attractive. Just like 7 extra donuts...

If I was ordering off these guys, would ye all agree that for 4 spacers & all the relative nuts, I'd be ordering:

2 x SP61 OR 2 x SP62 @ a total price of £52 inc vat, excl shipping? If so, that's a great price...

Can anyone who has measured with a pitch guage advise on the thread pitch for the wheel studs - 1.5mm or 1.25mm spacing?

These guys will charge you for the return shipping if you order the wrong kit.

I've got 265/70x15 tyres, arch flares and no lift - will 32mm spacers cause problems?

Mark
                            let me know how you get on mate.

Comment

Cant see any probs. Thats what i have. When i put the 33's on the tyres were sticking out about 1" past by arch extensions so i took the spacers off and sold them to Linda. Go for it, you won tregret it.
                              Del
                              Derek :
                              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                              [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
                              X