Is Windows XP Thick or Am I?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Windows XP Thick or Am I?????

I plug my old digital camera into a usb port. A little bubble comes up saying, "New USB hardware detected." The installation wizard opens. I install the drivers and it tells me it is a USB Camera. Installation complete.
    I open the TWAIN digital camera driver. Click get photos. Select from USB camera. It says, "Connection to camera failed. Check serial cable connection?" It's a USB !!!!ing camera . It's already told me it's a !!!!ing USB camera. It's been installed as a USB !!!!ing camera. Why is it looking for a !!!!ing serial connection.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I plug my old digital camera into a usb port. A little bubble comes up saying, "New USB hardware detected." The installation wizard opens. I install the drivers and it tells me it is a USB Camera. Installation complete.
    I open the TWAIN digital camera driver. Click get photos. Select from USB camera. It says, "Connection to camera failed. Check serial cable connection?" It's a USB !!!!ing camera . It's already told me it's a !!!!ing USB camera. It's been installed as a USB !!!!ing camera. Why is it looking for a !!!!ing serial connection.
    mordern technology doesn't need a reason... it just does!...
    AI is taking over the world... you'll see, skynet is coming!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i had this problem with a scanner a while back. once you have a twain problem, its an absolute swine to fix it. i downloaded all sorts of new drivers and twain patches and nowt worked. its not much of a consolation, but if its you at fault, its me too.! i'd get a card reader.....
      twain= Technology With An Interesting Name says it all really..
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

It seems every time you change your PC you need new ancilliaries. At least vinyl was around for about 40yrs. Cd's have been around about 25yrs. My grandads old Box Brownie would still take pictures until about 10yrs ago and that was bought in the 1930s. It seems you have to shell out a weeks wages every five years to take photos.
        The camera was new in 2000.
        The worst thing is that I have 32 pictures on the damn thing that I will never see.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Iv'e had this problem - bought a card reader - problem solved - use it on any poot with a USB port spare.
          Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Don't know if this will work with your camera but with mine I can open windows explorer and see the camera as a "removable drive". If I select the drive and click down through the folders the pictures can be copied to my hard disk in the normal way i.e. click and drag.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              i had this problem with a scanner a while back. once you have a twain problem, its an absolute swine to fix it. i downloaded all sorts of new drivers and twain patches and nowt worked. its not much of a consolation, but if its you at fault, its me too.! i'd get a card reader.....
              twain= Technology With An Interesting Name says it all really..
              Cheers mate. There is some consolation in the fact that someone else has had the same trouble.
              The whole idea of installing the old camera was that if I dropped it in the DEvils Pit clay or into the oil bucket, I wouldn't be strung up by Mrs KS for ruining the new camera.
              I have tried connecting a serial cable and that's no use either.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                Don't know if this will work with your camera but with mine I can open windows explorer and see the camera as a "removable drive". If I select the drive and click down through the folders the pictures can be copied to my hard disk in the normal way i.e. click and drag.
                I'll take Lady for a walk and calm down a bit, then I'll give that a try. Cheers Roger.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Can't you just open the pics straight from Paint Shop Pro, or windows explorer once the camera is plugged in?

Thats all I do.

Never installed any software for cameras.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Phil for Cameras its easier to get one of those multireader card devices that way you dont kill the batteries in the camera and you can use it for a number of other cards or even transfering files between computors......
                    Most new printers have the multireader built into them...on top of that you dont need to load in any extra software that you dont really want on the drive...
                    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I found with my camera that if the batteries weren't fully charged the USB cable wouldn't work properly. The guy in the camera shop said that most of them need to be plugged into a transformer to work that way. Solved my problem with a plug-in card reader same as some of the others. Much cheaper and far far quicker.
                      Mike G

Comment

Uninstall the camera software. Then plug your camera into the USB. Windows XP should start up the camera and scanner wizard and then download the pics for you. I use several digital camera's and have not loaded any of the software that came with them. I have had no problems. everytime I plug one in the wizard appears. If it does not start automatically then you will find it in PROGRAMS/Accessories. It even organises the folders for you
                        Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
                        X