pansy horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pansy horns

how many people on here changed the horn as their first mod??
    the standard ones were so lame!! sounded like a mini!!

i'm gonna get a big air horn soon but i got some halfrauds cheapy ones in ther at the mo!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Lights came first... then the horn
    I have a 14" chrome trumpet with a dedicated airpump that I have had in my cars for the last 10 years.
    It works well. You KNOW if you have done something to irritate me.
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

I put a set of trumpets from an Opel Omega in mine, I think the sound they make suits the Surf better... :-)

Comment

I put the Nautiluas Twin Air horns in , they aer load , but a little too high pitched. I am going to go for a bigger trumpet when I have some money !
        http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
          I put the Nautiluas Twin Air horns in , they aer load , but a little too high pitched. I am going to go for a bigger trumpet when I have some money !
          I've got a pair of BR Diesel Train horns I had in my artic - problem is they're 24v - boy are they LOUD
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

thats it - now I want a big horn - problem is the wife wont let me
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
              thats it - now I want a big horn - problem is the wife wont let me

yep changed mine, twin electric air horns, better but still not loud enough.
              Got two car alarm sirens am gonna try these they are 135db each, so should be a bit louder.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                I've got a pair of BR Diesel Train horns I had in my artic - problem is they're 24v - boy are they LOUD
                That's a good idea rusty i will have to take the horns of my train at work and put them on my surf !!!!!!
                [size=4][color=#00ffff]SSR-X 1996 3.0 TD !!! ESSEX BOY'S RULE !!!!!![/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                  and air powered!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

A new horn is going to be my first mod. I shall be in the store known as Halfrauds 2morrow. Living in London I am a firm believer of horn usage but since I got my Surf I have had to resort to shouting coz I am so embarassed at my little parp

Yours with no horn
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by cheezygrinon
                      A new horn is going to be my first mod. I shall be in the store known as Halfrauds 2morrow. Living in London I am a firm believer of horn usage but since I got my Surf I have had to resort to shouting coz I am so embarassed at my little parp

Yours with no horn
                      Steve
                      The horn on mine is great compared to the one on my old Renault Espace that I had a few years ago. That was so pathetic people used to get out of the way out of sympathy.

I find the best way to get people out of the way with the surf is to forget the horn - just ram them, they soon get the point

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by cheezygrinon

Yours with no horn
                        Steve
                        The one from halfrauds is loud , but a little high pitched still . Try to get one with seperate compressor , then you can always change the horn !

Not sure if the halfords one is seperate or not , heard it on my mates fronterrable it sounded ok , but high !
                        http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                          The horn on mine is great compared to the one on my old Renault Espace that I had a few years ago. That was so pathetic people used to get out of the way out of sympathy.

I find the best way to get people out of the way with the surf is to forget the horn - just ram them, they soon get the point

Cheers
                          RAMRAMRAMRAM YESYESYES you are so right carnagecarnagecarnagemmmmmmmmm mmmmmmget out of my way you peasants

Comment

ME & MERRYBUCK are looking at fitting some big horns so i'll let you know what i found when i visit STENNA SEALINK next week
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Yep I changed my horn to a air trumpet

The next day of we went to norfolk to play and I drowned them, they dont work any more
                              Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:20.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X