bull bar mounting points ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bull bar mounting points ?

Does any body know if the mounting points where you bolt on the bull bars underneath the vehicle are the same on the 3rd gen surf as the 4 runner of the same age?

As I want to fit these bars but i am unsure whether or not they would fit or need altering to bolt on to the vehicle

as it would be an expensive mistake if there was no way they would fit
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TAF; 11 February 2005, 15:35.
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Originally posted by TAF
    Does any body know if the mounting points where you bolt on the bull bars underneath the vehicle are the same on the 3rd gen surf as the 4 runner of the same age?

As I want to fit these bars but are unsure whether or not they would fit or need altering to bolt on to the vehicle

as it would be an expensive mistake if there was no way they would fit
    I assume your looking to get a set from the US as there was never a 3rd Gen 4runner in the UK.

AFAIK the 3rd Gens are virtually identical whether they are surfs or runners, same as with all other generations.
    As the bull bars generally mount directly to the front legs of the chassis there should be no difference.
    If you're importing one it might well work out quite expensive, have you considered one from a prado as the mounts should be the same on that also.

Even if you see a bar you like from a different make, if it looks good when held up to the front of your surf, any competant welder/fabricator should be able to adapt/make mounts for it to suit. In the past I have done this and known many others to do so too.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I have been told £225 that’s the end price I pay fore the bars in the picture or if I want them with sump or axel protection £400

Witch quote me if I am wrong seems like a good price
      TAF

Comment

Originally posted by TAF
        I have been told £225 that’s the end price I pay fore the bars in the picture or if I want them with sump or axel protection £400

Witch quote me if I am wrong seems like a good price
        The price certainly sounds ok, only possible very small snag I can see with the one shown is its clearance in front of the bumper. The one shown has a forward projecting moulding inboard of the indicator. If the bar sits far in front of this and yours does not have the moulding (mine doesn't) then the bar may sit somewhat proud of your bumper, maybe leaving a gap of a couple of inches or so. Not really a problem, just may look a little different than you expect. Many bars already sit far forward anyway so as I say should not be a problem, just to be aware of in case such details are important to you.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I thought they would fit from the pictures I am hoping they will go straight on but before I placed the order I think I just needed a bit of reassurance thanks morr
          TAF

Comment

I noticed that point to I can’t se it being that big a problem I have a couple of weeks until the next shipment levees fore the UK so I don’t have to place the order right away

So I can continue looking in the meantime but I have been looking fore weeks now and have found only one supplier in the uk of stainless bull bars fore a 3rd gen
            TAF

Comment

Hey Taf. I just ordered a front US style receiver hitch for my 3rd Gen, and it bolted up with no problems. I ordered it against a 1997 4Runner, so your answer is "yes" it should fit... Make sure the shipping is correct as it will cost quite a bit to ship, if at all, as it is so big. Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by usafric
                Hey Taf. I just ordered a front US style receiver hitch for my 3rd Gen, and it bolted up with no problems. I ordered it against a 1997 4Runner, so your answer is "yes" it should fit... Make sure the shipping is correct as it will cost quite a bit to ship, if at all, as it is so big. Good luck...

That’s good to know m8

How long did your order take to arrive from the USA and do you know the import duty rate is it 10% of the price of the item plus vat
                TAF

Comment

Hi Taf

I have a 3rd gen with the front projection similar to your posted photo. I have been looking for a set of bars as in the photo. Could you post the web site of the supplier so I can take a look.

Many Thanks
                  Live for Today

Comment

Originally posted by Cumbrian
                    Hi Taf

I have a 3rd gen with the front projection similar to your posted photo. I have been looking for a set of bars as in the photo. Could you post the web site of the supplier so I can take a look.

Many Thanks
                    This is the place I have had a good chat with them and they emailed pictures of my surf to the manufactures of the bars and after a lot of phone calls to determine whether or not they would fit the manufacture would not commit them selves but the bloke I spoke to at silverline thinks they will fit so I am ordering a set and going to take a chance because I think they will fit if not I will make them fit or put them on ebay if I don’t like them

And the price is good to £225 that’s what he quoted me or £400 with sump bars or axel protectors

http://www.silverline4x4.com/4x4/accessories.htm
                    Last edited by TAF; 11 February 2005, 19:53.
                    TAF

Comment

Don't want to put too much of a dampner on it but dont forget the import duty vat and courier charges. Duty is roughly 10% of the value + postage cost then vat is charged at 17.5% of the total and just as a final kick in the
                      n!!ts the courier will add his charges for getting it through customs. It would be a good idea to keep looking otherwise make sure you have the pennies ready whel the postman comes a knocking.
                      [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by InfraRed
                        Don't want to put too much of a dampner on it but dont forget the import duty vat and courier charges. Duty is roughly 10% of the value + postage cost then vat is charged at 17.5% of the total and just as a final kick in the
                        n!!ts the courier will add his charges for getting it through customs. It would be a good idea to keep looking otherwise make sure you have the pennies ready whel the postman comes a knocking.

No mate that price is the end price of the trader this end
                        TAF

Comment

Silverline pay the duty

But if you are importing it your self through the post then you must pay whatever duty+vat I think

I am purchasing of a UK supplier
                          TAF

Comment

Originally posted by TAF
                            Don't get married. Find a woman you hate and buy her a house. It's a lot easier on you.
                            Good sig mate!

Comment

Working...
                            X