CARPARKS & HEIGHTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARPARKS & HEIGHTS

Im not Happy went into a carpark today that i have used before to find they have changed the VISITORS parking to the ground floor & basement levels.
    Only to hear SCRAPE as i was going into the lower level. Now my ROOF is full of scratches & dents .
    Does anyone know the Minimum Legal Character size for these warning signs as i reckon the characters are too small. Thats my Arguement anyway
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Ouch... I felt that... not nice... can't help I'm afraid...

I have to look for 2.1M for my 'toy'... Glad my rack gets in the way really... Took out one of those maximum height bars... ripped it clean off the chains... didn't even mark the rack... get out and it is sitting there on top of the rack.

Plenty of whistling and quietly chuck the bar to one side... and discretly reverse out of the carpark...

************Edit************** *

Hang on, just read that again. your first image says 1.73 m and that is obviously where you hit. But the entrance says 1.8m... surely there is something there... if the maximum height for the carpark is clearly stated on entering the carpark... can they contradict that inside the carpark...?

************Edit************** *

AndyL
    Last edited by AndyLala; 10 February 2005, 16:52.

Comment

Thats probably my only Ammunition i have against them
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

Andy you would have a point but the sign says MAX 1.8m

I would argue the small warning sign 1.75m Should have been as big as the one in the entrance though

This may have what you need ?

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...ads_505196.pdf

Mark
        ouch!!

Comment

if it was me in your situation i would now measure the height of your surf and get pics to prove the height and take it to the council or whoever owns the car park and put in a claim.Or better still get to see a solicitor and see what they have to say first and take the pics with you.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

It was a private carpark owned by SAVILLES COMERCIAL in Manchester.
            PROPERTY COMPANY
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
              Andy you would have a point but the sign says MAX 1.8m

I would argue the small warning sign 1.75m Should have been as big as the one in the entrance though

This may have what you need ?

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...ads_505196.pdf

Mark
              ouch!!
              These relate to road traffic act type signs as this is private do they still have to display signs of a minimum character size ?
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                Only to hear SCRAPE as i was going into the lower level. Now my ROOF is full of scratches & dents .
                Gawd, glad it wasn't me. I have a habit of tearing round multistory carparks at speed (actually overtook a SAAB driver who hadn't a clue not so long ago - I sat there and watched him make 5 - yes 5 - attempts at getting down a ramp, even then he still botched it badly). If I hit something I'd probably take the roof clean off.

Best of luck in taking them to the cleaners Mark.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

ouchhhhhhhh

blimy mate that aint good is it . hope ya get it sorted out . makes u feel sick dont it when ya knock ya surf
                  black n tan
                  black n tan
                  yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Im gutted £300 just to respray it & thats for cash there are 2 small dents in it at either edge where i stopped.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Mark

don't know if yours is lifted but this site gives a hieght of 1.745 as standard which is why you proceded past their first sign. Well that would be my argument.

this has all the dims http://www.jicconline.co.uk/toyota_h...nformation.htm

good luck to you
                      Tony
                      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

There info is not TOYOTA spec as 4 channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) (not 2nd GEN Surfs)
                        Is false also Dual batteries on 3.0Ltr and 2.4 SSR-G is false (option on all surfs winter pack)
                        But thanks for the help
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Its always a good excuse to get it repaired then get a whole respray !! You could even get rid of that nasty blue colour and go for BLACK mate!!!

I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
                            Its always a good excuse to get it repaired then get a whole respray !! You could even get rid of that nasty blue colour and go for BLACK mate!!!

Ive got to win a battle first though
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

would the new springs you had fitted raised your hight slightly????????
                              i was thinking of these i know its a close thing for ours, its a good job you didnt have a fin fitted on the back or i bet it would have been in the boot now
                              if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Working...
                              X