Landie convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landie convert

Just back from Angelsey having converted the owner of the caravan site to surfing. Took 2 mins to recover my boat trailer from being stuck in the sand, then watched for about 5 mins while he struggled with his landie !! to recover his. Well you got to feel sorry for him. So turned round back up and out came his boat. To quote him " I don't f****ng believe that"

To cut it short he no longer owns a landie, he's just got a nice new surf.

Steve

ssrx
    Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Good work!

I had a Landy owner telling me today that my cars no good off-road because there is too much overhang at the front and back.

Ah well don't suppose i had better off-road then.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Good work!

I had a Landy owner telling me today that my cars no good off-road because there is too much overhang at the front and back.

Ah well don't suppose i had better off-road then.
      Ha, Good Job he didn't say that to our Linda

I think she might have told him where to stuff his Landy

OR she might have shoved it there for him
      NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Originally posted by colincd
        Ha, Good Job he didn't say that to our Linda

I think she might have told him where to stuff his Landy

OR she might have shoved it there for him

Grrrrrrr!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

depends what your doing offroad with it but on the surf it is true to say that theres lots of overhang at the back, so your options are ...
          1. Lift it
          2. Cut your exhaust pipe 15 inches shorter
          3. Install a roller style rear bumper (previously untried )
          4. Lift it (look at the US sites where they go rockcrawling in 4runners then go back and tell the idiot who thinks they dont go offroad where to stick his idea and if you wait a minute or two I'll link y'all to one) ... here:
          Last edited by JimL; 3 November 2003, 01:20.

Comment

I think Phil must have been in my local last night with us!! two landie owners were telling us how superior their vehicles are, my other half didn't help by saying we can't off-road for exactly the same reasonS as Phil has been told.
            Although we haven't been able to get to Devils pit yet (yes I know its only down the road) you can probably guess my reply. Now all I have to do is have children so I can take them 400 yds to school in a 4x4.
            I guess the landie owners are jealous of our good looks _ mean who else would want to drive something the colour of a baby's nappy?

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
              I guess the landie owners are jealous of our good looks _ mean who else would want to drive something the colour of a baby's nappy?

Lou

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X