Inconsiderate 4x4 Owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate 4x4 Owner!

I have just met the part of the cause of OUR PROBLEMS.!!

I have just walked William to school and we were FORCED to walk around a vehicle that had ALL FOUR WHEELS on the pavement.

The woman was getting out of the car and said that she had no where else to park it !! My comments to her was that it was illegal to park on the pavement and to which her reply was "NO IT WAS NOT and that she could do with out the likes of ME THIS MORNING!!"

I bet you cant guess what my reply was to this........You got it

"ITS THE LIKES OF YOU THAT GIVE US RESPONSIBLE 4x4 OWNERS A BAD NAME."

YES SHE WAS DOING THE SCHOOL RUN IN A 4x4 MItsubushi (and the plate is illegal!)

Now the question is do I ring the "OLD BILL" and suggest that they come down and have a look at all the illegal parking???

OK RANT OVER ....Calming down now I am going to enjoy the rest of the day.

Thank you

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

she the sort hey!!!
    picked on the wrong guy today hey, and did you ask her where you birthday present was too
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

OK as a 4x4 owner and a GDBA puppy walker this really winds me up, I start by explaining the problems for guide dogs, point out its illegle and finniish by taking out the mobile and telling them I'll have it moved NOW. never had to make a call as I've never had my bluff called. Understand "happy birthday" in order.
      Tony
      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
        OK as a 4x4 owner and a GDBA puppy walker this really winds me up, I start by explaining the problems for guide dogs, point out its illegle and finniish by taking out the mobile and telling them I'll have it moved NOW. never had to make a call as I've never had my bluff called. Understand "happy birthday" in order.
        Tony

Hey - Cool signature pic!!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
          I have just met the part of the cause of OUR PROBLEMS.!!

I have just walked William to school and we were FORCED to walk around a vehicle that had ALL FOUR WHEELS on the pavement.

The woman was getting out of the car and said that she had no where else to park it !! My comments to her was that it was illegal to park on the pavement and to which her reply was "NO IT WAS NOT and that she could do with out the likes of ME THIS MORNING!!"

I bet you cant guess what my reply was to this........You got it

"ITS THE LIKES OF YOU THAT GIVE US RESPONSIBLE 4x4 OWNERS A BAD NAME."

YES SHE WAS DOING THE SCHOOL RUN IN A 4x4 MItsubushi (and the plate is illegal!)

Now the question is do I ring the "OLD BILL" and suggest that they come down and have a look at all the illegal parking???

OK RANT OVER ....Calming down now I am going to enjoy the rest of the day.

Thank you

Paul
          yes definately ring the police, i had a neighbour started parking just a bit on the kerb to start with, he ended up parking so close to his garden wall that a pushchair or wheelchair couldn't get through, there was little kids walking onto the main road as the gap was so narrow(should be 30, but cars use it as a short cut and prob average 50), his argument was that the traffic was going so fast that it might not stop and hit his car!! the police were obliged to ask him to remove the car from the pavement and keep it off the pavement, i would rather see his car dented than a child run over. 5yrs on and he still doesn't use the pavement to park on.
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            Hey - Cool signature pic!!!
            Yeah, what she said!

These people just give a anti4x4 losers easy ammo, if she didn't have a 4x4 she'd still park her car the same way, but cos its a 4x4 it stands out.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
              Tony
              tony your guide dog link dont work mate!!!
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Where I used to live, some idot students used to park 2 in a driveway, cept it was only made for 1 - end result was the 2nd car went out the driveway, over the pavement and onto the road, stuck right out as well as blocking the pavement.

They never did it again, after they caught me walking over the bonnet! ;-)
                2 Tone Mud Master!
                http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

I just squeeze through the tiny gap armed with my car KEY i may even give there mirror a whack too.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Well she didnt learn from it this morning! for the school pick up she at least had one wheel on the road although the inner edge was touching the kerb, the other was well on the pavement leaving about 18" to get by!!

I'll take pictures tomorrow!

Mr angry!!
                    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

funny how i need to move a wheelbarrow full of bricks and jaggedy bits of metal when ever that happens near me... still cant be helped...
                      Last edited by Chillitt; 7 February 2005, 18:59. Reason: still cant spell
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Call the o'l bill dude....

And...when i used to have my transit van i used to park with two wheels on the pavement down the culdisac that my parents live down. Funny though how people used to make a fuss over it yet say nothing to the other owners of cars and vans that acctualy blocked the pavement as my van did not (it was to give more room on the road as its a very thin road).

3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

It ain't just us 4x4 owners. I'm a school goveror at my kids infants school and am on a commitee for "Safer Routes to School" within the community. I still have to ask parents not to park on the yellow lines, kerbs, grass etc. Fortunately we now have a local bobby who is very free with his ticket book. Plus I get the reg numbers and shame them in the termly newsletter. These people will be the first to jump up and down when their child gets run over and I can't get there because some tw@t has parked inconsiderately!!!
                          NO WORRIES!
                          Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                            Well she didnt learn from it this morning! for the school pick up she at least had one wheel on the road although the inner edge was touching the kerb, the other was well on the pavement leaving about 18" to get by!!

I'll take pictures tomorrow!

Mr angry!!

Yeah get the piccys, lets name and shame !
                            You could get a good thread going with pics of dodgy parking.

If you cant park it , don't drive it !

Andy.

Comment

dont post the pictures here, post them to lamposts where she will see them and get all raggy with you! oh, what fun!
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X