IntelliMouse BAH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IntelliMouse BAH!

Anyone have any experience of installing and using a cordless optical USB mouse.
    I have installed the software, the mouse is talking to the reciever, if I try install new hardware it says the hardware already exists, if I try to install the drivers it says the drivers are there. Why wont it bloody well work then
    Any advice gratefully recieved.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Anyone have any experience of installing and using a cordless optical USB mouse.
    I have installed the software, the mouse is talking to the reciever, if I try install new hardware it says the hardware already exists, if I try to install the drivers it says the drivers are there. Why wont it bloody well work then
    Any advice gratefully recieved.
    How do you know "the mouse is talking to the reciever" ?
    Are you getting any response at all ?
    Did you fully install the software/drivers before plugging in the mouse for the first time?
    What operating system are you using ?
    Is it a microsoft brand mouse ?

Loads of questions I know, but they'll all help in finding an answer.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

What Os are u using

If it windows

go to the control panel and system and delete any other mouse.

if that's no good, try deleting the optical mouse and rebooting the computer and reinstalling the drivers.

any furthe problems, send me a private mail

robin
      ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Thanks Morr.
        I installed the drivers from the disk supplied with the product. The instruction was to remove the old mouse from the PS2 connector and restart with the new mouse plugged into the USB port. The machine did its usual "Detectiing new plug and play hardware"
        When I move the mouse the green LED on the reciever flickers rapidly, but no cursor movement (only my curses).
        I'm using Windows 98 2nd edition. The product is a Packard Bell Cordless Optical Mouse CCO-3U.
        Thanks again.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Along the lines of Robbies reply above, sugest you go to control panel - then system, click on Device Manager and look for any entries for your new mouse, there may be a yellow mark indicating a problem with the drivers, alternativly it could have a red mark usually indicating it has been disabled. If red, highlight it, go to properties and tick the box to enable it. If yellow or no mark, sugest you select it and click on remove. Than reboot the pc with original ps2 mouse attached. Then using crtl-alt-del close all running software except explorer and systray. Then try again to install new mouse following supplied instructions.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

check pm
            Last edited by valarius; 2 November 2003, 01:00.
            [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/auto/car-smiley-006.gif[/img] [b][color=red]Anyone for [u]fluffy[/u] wheeltrims[/color][/b]

Comment

You must uninstall the previous mouse drivers first before installing the new ones.