ok, i'm a newbie here and i'm lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, i'm a newbie here and i'm lost

can someone please tell me if there is a thread on here about gettin the speedo to clock up miles instead of kilometres?

Originally posted by wasp132
    can someone please tell me if there is a thread on here about gettin the speedo to clock up miles instead of kilometres?
    probably... try search up at the top towards the left...
    there's different ways of doing it. either re-chip the electronic one or replace the facia (available from Milners)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

ta.
      i've put the new face on but i'm gettin sick of havin to convert km's into miles.

Comment

i have seen on ebay before a gadget that you connect into the speedo which changes from km to miles if i can find another on there then i will post it on here
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks, but i think it needs a chip cos it isn't cable-driven?

Comment

ta.
            i've put the new face on but i'm gettin sick of havin to convert km's into miles.
            the new facia should be in mph??...

Comment

You can get the chip from these people.

http://www.importedvehicles.co.uk/ch...everything.htm

Comment

nice one andy, i sussed that one before when i did a search, they seem like the people to contact.
                slug man, i shoulda explained more clearly. the speed is in mph cos i've changed the face but the odometer/trip meter is still clocking up in kilometers.

Comment

nice one andy, i sussed that one before when i did a search, they seem like the people to contact.
                  slug man, i shoulda explained more clearly. the speed is in mph cos i've changed the face but the odometer/trip meter is still clocking up in kilometers.
                  oh right... gotcha!

Comment

from what it was saying it is suitable for all no speedo cable jap import motors
                    it is on page 11 of toyota/parts by brand about half way down it is £89.99

kmh/mph converter
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Just watch out if you rechip the speedo - your mph speedo face will be out as the needle will read less. I`ve got a chip on mine and it uses the original face, what used to be 60kph is now 60mph so if you used a chip with your new mph speedo face 60mph would read about 40mph.
                      Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by mart 870
                        Just watch out if you rechip the speedo - your mph speedo face will be out as the needle will read less. I`ve got a chip on mine and it uses the original face, what used to be 60kph is now 60mph so if you used a chip with your new mph speedo face 60mph would read about 40mph.

it's ok....i just saw the price.....i've decided to stick with doin the maths instead

Comment

Lol i dont blame you looking at that!
                          Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

woo hoo! got a chip from the SVA centre at liverpool port authority auctions. 50 quid and 3 wires later, it's clocking and reading in miles

Comment

Working...
                            X