The times they are a`changing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The times they are a`changing!

Up to three years ago i was working as a manager/driver for an event management Co. running roadshows all over the uk and europe, earning an absolute fortune. When this ended i returned to truck driving on long haul work and found the job had changed for the worse and was no longer for me, so i let my HGV1 licence lapse. Since then i have had crap jobs with crap money and slowly but surely the finances have dwindled down to zilch and i am now unemployed. I have just MOT`d the surf and got general maintenance jobs up to date and after checking the finances tonight i have realised i can`t even find a lousey £90 for my road tax tomorrow. Have had to make the hardest decision ever - she has got to go in favour of some boring economical van or hatchback that is cheaper to run and maintain. I`ve had her just over a year now and enjoyed every minute. I`m not after the sympathy vote or anything, i made my decisions in the past and have to live by the consequences. They say the grass is greener on the other side of the road but it seems when i try it i either get knocked down by a bl**dy bus while crossing or if i make it to the other side the bl****ng grass has died.
    Never mind - life is full of ups and downs and i`m sure things will be on the up soon and one day i might be able to get another surf. In the meantime i hope you will all allow me just one or two tears when a new owner is found and he/she drives off into the sunset with my baby. R.I.P.

In deepest mourning,
    Ken.
    God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

There’s a flip side to that coin, three years ago at 47 had a heart attack, in the six months off work that followed the sharks moved in took my car and left me with two CCJ’s and loads of debt. But after three years of work and little else on Friday 4th February I pick up my first 4x4 HiLux 3lt T/D from Moss4x4 in Lowton nr Leigh. So down today but tomorrow! Who knows!

Delboy 066
    Delboy in Lowton

Comment

Good on you Del, as you say, it does show that things can change. I know i still have a lot to be grateful for, at least i have relatively good health, a good wife and still got my own home.
      I know you`ll love your new surf when you get it and have that big smile on your face that all surf owners get. Enjoy it mate, post some piccies.

Ken.

Comment

my mum used to say as one door closes another will open
        seems like your door has shut and the other has slammed shut too, but things will look up mate

keep your chin up and try to smile your time is just around the corner
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Yeah - Pops is right. Chin up - you can still come here and join the madness... until you have the fun of picking a new surf in a year or two when things pick up for you!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the comments folks - i`m not down and out just yet and until things pick up again i`ll certainly be keeping my eyes open on here.
            Great site, nice people, what more could you want?

Ken

Comment

Hang on in there mate why not put a SORN on the Surf for now and check whether the DSS wiil help you get your HGV back up to date.
              [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

You could well be right Ian, that`s probably the way to go. I`ll have to think things through properly, I don`t really want to get rid of the surf because now they are more popular and easily available the prices are tumbling. I hate to think how much i would lose if i get rid, especially as we are now having to put up with all this anti 4x4 crap.

Cheers mate,
                Ken.

Comment

Working...
                X