Love It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love It

Just picked-up my first Surf today. Thanks to those who gave me buying advice last week. The Surf is a '93 2.4 with 110 000 k's and is in fine condition.
    Have just spent the afternoon wafting around the Dorset lanes feeling very pleased with myself. It will get muddy soon, - I work on Salisbury Plain and have a bit of exploring planned. I cover a fair few off-road miles in Defenders and whilst I'm sure the Surf won't go everywhere the rover will, its a much nicer experience!
    I notice it has dual batteries, will the 2nd battery run any aux items plugged into the lighter socket?
    By the way, anyone got any suggestions for where in the UK to get a towbar/receiver that doesn't hang too low?

Originally posted by Lomcevac
    Just picked-up my first Surf today. Thanks to those who gave me buying advice last week. The Surf is a '93 2.4 with 110 000 k's and is in fine condition.
    Have just spent the afternoon wafting around the Dorset lanes feeling very pleased with myself. It will get muddy soon, - I work on Salisbury Plain and have a bit of exploring planned. I cover a fair few off-road miles in Defenders and whilst I'm sure the Surf won't go everywhere the rover will, its a much nicer experience!I notice it has dual batteries, will the 2nd battery run any aux items plugged into the lighter socket?
    By the way, anyone got any suggestions for where in the UK to get a towbar/receiver that doesn't hang too low?
    What??

Comment

Give him time Taz he's new

Comment

I think I might have stirred something up!

Comment

Take the surf to work you can pull the defenders out of the cr*p with it.

Comment

Well i'm still not upto speed with Surf's but when my garage says their shocked as to the built quality being ALOT better than the Landies it says alot don't it????

I hate L200's, Pajreo's, Challangers, Freelanders (my dad's go one and the Surf dwarfes it LOL) etc etc
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

In answer to your question about batteries, it has two because Toyota fit quite small batteries to the Surf and a big deisel lump needs a good hefty kick to get it going. So two are better than one in this case. Note: they are wired in parallel, so if you need to do any work that requires the electrics to be disconnected, you need to undo both.
              Mike G

Comment

Working...
              X