First Surf and I'm happy,happy,happy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Surf and I'm happy,happy,happy.

Just bought my first Surf yesterday and I'm very happy. Finally went to 4x4 Ltd Thetford, what great people. Mark the owner/partner was fantastic, not remotely pushy, just informative and helpful, although to be honest the metallic blue SSRG 2.4 was so sold the moment I clapped eyes on her, (jeez, will you listen to me...sniff, sob..I never thought I could feel this way again etc..). My rather less emotional mechanic friend was staggered by Marks honesty in pointing out potential problems, which were very few,(do dealers normally do this?). All in all a really pleasant experience and I can thoroughly recommend them. Now just have to contain myself 'till I pick it up next week.

Robin, (one happy bunny!...) xxx

Well done, sounds like you found a good dealer, they are few and far between.I only know of one who will point out any problems, makes life so much easier as then you really can look at the purchase knowing exactly what you are buying instead of finding out 2 weeks later then getting the usual "the warranty doesnt cover that" story.Hope you enjoy your purchase!!
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by robin
      Just bought my first Surf yesterday and I'm very happy. Finally went to 4x4 Ltd Thetford, what great people. Mark the owner/partner was fantastic, not remotely pushy, just informative and helpful, although to be honest the metallic blue SSRG 2.4 was so sold the moment I clapped eyes on her, (jeez, will you listen to me...sniff, sob..I never thought I could feel this way again etc..). My rather less emotional mechanic friend was staggered by Marks honesty in pointing out potential problems, which were very few,(do dealers normally do this?). All in all a really pleasant experience and I can thoroughly recommend them. Now just have to contain myself 'till I pick it up next week.

Robin, (one happy bunny!...) xxx
      ______________________________ ____________________________

Good luck to you mate,seems we are picking up our surfs at the same time roughly.i have bought a black 3.0ltd from Autobmc near chorleywood off the m25.if anybody knows of them please let me know,the dealer seemed quite genuine got a good set up.It will be my first surf and i am really looking forward to it.

Comment

Welcome to the happ happy world of surfdom. NOW GET IT MUDDY!!!!!
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by kal
          ______________________________ ____________________________

Good luck to you mate,seems we are picking up our surfs at the same time roughly.i have bought a black 3.0ltd from Autobmc near chorleywood off the m25.if anybody knows of them please let me know,the dealer seemed quite genuine got a good set up.It will be my first surf and i am really looking forward to it.
          U have picked well. The 3lt is the better of the 2 engines. Not just cause of the head prob on the 2.4 but its servicing is a abit easier. Plus im biased as i have a 3lt. Wanted a black 1 but none around when i got mine.
          As with any diesel keep up with the oil & filter changes (every 3000miles) and dont let them over heat and it will keep going and going and going and going lol .... and so will your grin
          With the 2.4td just make sure u watch the temp guage from going too high.
          But welcome to u both to the land of mud and grins
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
          X