I Need Help... Rear Wiper Blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help... Rear Wiper Blade?

Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Get Hold Of Rear Wiper Blades For A Surf In The U.k Or How To "!!!!!!!ize" A Normal One?. I Assume That All Surfs Have The Same Fitting With A "fitting" That Sits In A Cradle (why Does It Have This?). Please Please Please If You Can Help I Would Be Very Grateful. Tattoo

Originally posted by nctattoo
    Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Get Hold Of Rear Wiper Blades For A Surf In The U.k Or How To "!!!!!!!ize" A Normal One?. I Assume That All Surfs Have The Same Fitting With A "fitting" That Sits In A Cradle (why Does It Have This?). Please Please Please If You Can Help I Would Be Very Grateful. Tattoo
    halfords
    just measre it 13" i think and go buy one off the shelf!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I bought the "4 Runner" one from halfords and modified it to fit.

Comment

they all come with universal fitting kit though?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          they all come with universal fitting kit though?

Universal except surfs

I modified mine as well.

Comment

Just by the Rubber Insert & fit that. Its a 2 minute job
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Ithink mine was a bosch one , it even had the two holes in it to screw it on
              so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

dont mess around trying to save pennies only to find it doesnt give a clean sweep or fit in the cradle properly ............. go to your toyota dealer, full genuine toyota replacement blade , fittings and the locator part that sits in the housing is only £12.50, simply bolt it onto the wiper arm, gives a clean sweep and the locator means it fits into its housing above the window every time, whats the point of !!!!ing around and just saving pence !!

Comment

think the 2nd and 3rd gens have different fittings!... 3rd gen is just a standard plastic clip on jobbie... halfords blades come with 3 different clips and it's one of those.... no screws no bolts.

Comment

Champion list a set for the UK 4Runner. The fronts fit the 2nd Gen............but the rear doesn't. The shop that sold them to me tried to refuse to take them back, because I had opened the packaging, until I told them my rights as a consumer state that the item has to be, "Fit for the purpose."

I suppose they were right because it said 4Runner on their list but if they look up Hilux Surf on their computer system it refers them to 4Runner parts. :Rant over:
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

and another thing... the front two are different lengths... n/s is 29" and o/s is 21" (i think if my memories right??)

Comment

Working...
                      X