Mean Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mean Tires

Hi all found a nail in my rear tire whats the biggest baddest on off road tire I could replace them with? Money no object for my baby's feet.

At the moment i have got dunlop grandtrek at1 fitted to mine and they look pretty aggressive, depends on how good a ride you want on road. I did have at2 before them and they drove very well on the road but dont look nearly as aggressive.AT1 are fine to drive on road but just a bit noisier(nowhere near as noisy as mud tyres though)and a litle bit slippy on cornering hard in the wet, a few rear end wayward moments have occured with them but only when pushing really hard.
    As for size i think 31/10.5/15 are about the biggest on standard height, i did get away with 265/75/16 which is slightly bigger but have since lifted 2".
    Hope that helps.
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
      As for size i think 31/10.5/15 are about the biggest on standard height, i did get away with 265/75/16 which is slightly bigger but have since lifted 2".
      Hope that helps.
      and for the 265/75/16 you'd need bigger rims
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm glad you have cleared that up, i was wondering why i had to put a large bead of mastic between the tyre and rim to get them to seal, would that be why i am having trouble getting them balanced then
        If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
        I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
          I'm glad you have cleared that up, i was wondering why i had to put a large bead of mastic between the tyre and rim to get them to seal, would that be why i am having trouble getting them balanced then
          Nah...your just using the wrong scales
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            He may foul his arches & mudflaps with that size on standard suspension.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

OK great cheers for the help where can I buy online? Getting a headache searching for places, can only find rather boring looking road tires in that size.
              I Like the look of the BF Goodrich Mud Terrain A/T KM 's but dont think on road would be all that safe on wet bendy bits, fun I'll admit but not to safe.
              Last edited by Donk_UK; 30 January 2005, 11:17.

Comment

hi mate try www.mytyres.co.uk very cheap if they have what you want.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Try these . £265+vat and delivery for 4 Colway 31/10.5/15 MTs on rims. Pretty mean looking, and a pretty good price too. (£219 if you have white rims).
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

You could also try www.blackcircles.co.uk

Comment

tyres

hi all those Colway tyres on the chrome 8 spoke are they remoulds.I have never gone much on remoulds but they seem to be a very good deal with the chromes as well.does any one have any info about remoulds on a 4x4 such as would they hold up to off roading like a normal tyre.thanks for any replies in advance
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        hi all those Colway tyres on the chrome 8 spoke are they remoulds.I have never gone much on remoulds but they seem to be a very good deal with the chromes as well.does any one have any info about remoulds on a 4x4 such as would they hold up to off roading like a normal tyre.thanks for any replies in advance
                        I think they are, but not sure. The subject of remoulds has been covered before to no conclusion. Some people are quite happy to run them, others wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Personally, I'd be quite happy to run them, just need to save up for them (and some other bits )
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                          I run BRONCO remoulds & they are fine. REMOULDS have come a long way and are very reliable offroad & on. I also tow 1500kgs while running on these tyres. www.bronco4x4.com
                          Attached Files
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

I use Bridgestone Dueller H/T's on my Surf (265 70 R16) - original tyre when bought new in Japan. Got a very good deal from the local Mitsubishi garage after being put onto them by a colleague of mine who drives an L200. Basically, they are part worn (delivery mileage only), still have red and blue chalk around them, when customers request 50/50 on their new L200's, the garage take off the original tyres and put them in a cage. Can't sell them as new tyres but will sell them as part worn if asked. Sold them to me at £55 + VAT, got a mate who fits them at a tenner a pop.

rgds

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK
                              whats the biggest baddest on off road tire I could replace them with? Money no object for my baby's feet.

Hehe - if you want biggest baddest how about Boggers? Check out the pics of Tony's pickup on our website...

BFG M/T's have been well thought of on here - Koi has them and swears they are great on the raod even when wet. My BFG A/T's are super in the wet but maybe not agressive enough for what you are looking for.

For a cheaper option Kumho M/T's are great. We've run them on a couple of trucks for several years and they wear well.

For a good deal try Micheldever Tyres near Andover - not that far from you. They are very reasonably priced (about £80 for BFG A/T and £90 for M/T, or £60ish for Kumho M/T, last time I asked and they usually have them in stock.)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X