Anyone got an I-Pod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    i was looking at Ipods today... the colour screen pic and music one... let me know if it's any good?!

(p.s. talking of backing up data... you can use Ipod for that too!)
    Got a 40g Ipod photo at Xmas, and its great!! Have also got an interface so I can plug it into my Alpine car stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by rich
      My brother has one with the iTrip, pretty cool - probably illegal in this country though!
      Technically it could be illegal as you need a license to broadcast a radio signal the i-trip does this but it is
      Not Illegal as it has a low broadcast range pretty much like the low range walkie talkies you can get
      there are similar bits of kit that do a similar job but have a more powerful signal and could interfere with the reception of radio stations for others around you this might draw the attention of the law
      But I think the hundreds of pirate radio stations out there keep the law busy enough so enjoy!`
      I have one for my ipod mini and it is a great bit of kit use it in the Surf all the time and you can use it with any FM radio just tune into the signal you are sending from your i-pod . I work in a noisy factory and we have a room we use to eat/have tea breaks and I took my i-pod in on the last couple of shifts before xmas and we set up 4 ghetto blasters all tuned into the i-pod Wow!
      fantastic! surrounded by a wall of sound what a club atmosphere it made

Comment

Can you connect the i pod to your home stereo system?
        Powered by ????

Comment

if anyone is thinking aout getting an i-pod then first check out what archos has to offer. www.archos.com i have a 20 g multi media jukebox which plays and records pics video and tv and it plays mp3s .its a very cool bit of kit and i think it might be cheaper too!
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
            Can you connect the i pod to your home stereo system?
            Easily, you can get a base that holds the i-pod and you connect a lead from it to your amp the one I have has a usb connector so you can charge the battery as well. Before I got that I used a lead that plugged in to the earphone socket on the i-pod and had connectors to fit in the back of my amp on my Stereo system

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
              i think it might be cheaper too!
              Not as cheap as buying it in New York. LOL
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I like the idea of the ipod, it being simple to use etc but I cant stand the way it has such a large section of the market when really it aint that special, I guess its just what you want it for thats more important, having made the choice to convert all my music to mp3 anyway for my car computer I think I managed about 20gb of music on my own, then I added my mates music off his ipod (you can get this software called ephpod which allows you to copy music off any ipod) and then a few other friends music collections and now I have about 50gb of music so that only leaves me with the 60gb ipod which is very expensive, however i did then find these megarock 3 (link only goes to all products so then click onto megarock 3)
                I like the fact its much more data storage and data transfer and I want to be able to transfer my pics/data/music on and off it without having to have my computer turned on.
                The other thing I like is the price. The only bad thing is I cant find any reviews about them and i cant find them in any shops so cant actually hold one before buying it which would be nice. Anyone ever seen one of these or anyone got one?

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
                  I like the idea of the ipod, it being simple to use etc but I cant stand the way it has such a large section of the market when really it aint that special, I guess its just what you want it for thats more important, having made the choice to convert all my music to mp3 anyway for my car computer I think I managed about 20gb of music on my own, then I added my mates music off his ipod (you can get this software called ephpod which allows you to copy music off any ipod) and then a few other friends music collections and now I have about 50gb of music so that only leaves me with the 60gb ipod which is very expensive, however i did then find these megarock 3 (link only goes to all products so then click onto megarock 3)
                  I like the fact its much more data storage and data transfer and I want to be able to transfer my pics/data/music on and off it without having to have my computer turned on.
                  The other thing I like is the price. The only bad thing is I cant find any reviews about them and i cant find them in any shops so cant actually hold one before buying it which would be nice. Anyone ever seen one of these or anyone got one?
                  I see your point, but personally I dont have that much music, the 4 gb on my I-pod mini is plenty. I will mostly use it on the train each day, and in the surf, and so dont want anything that sophisticated (I used to carry about 10 cd's in the car)
                  The thing I like is that its just so easy to use and load music too.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Nooooo, ipods have so much of the market 'cos the manufacturer made them easy to use, and look nice. Especially if you use macs anyway, and many of todays youngsters grow up on them.

I'm a technophobe old fart (though spend most of my day in front of a mac), and i love the fact that you can carry 1000 songs about (mine's a mini...), and play them in the car, and not carry shedloads of CDs. For most people (not all) 1000 songs is plenty, and we'll see if 250 random ones works too (ipod shuffle...). The software is ultra simple, i just plugged in and everything worked (as it did for digital photos, and anything else you connect up).

I'm willing to bet that most surfers like mac/ipod, as they like good design, quality build, and distinctive style. And don't like to be one of the herd....They're not even that much more expensive these days, and don't get me started on the fact that PCs/microsoft are such hacker/virus targets...

Comment

I know ipods are good and easy to use, but they just annoy me, I like my gadget to have loads of features etc that all, its just me, so many people just seem blinkered to thinking that it has to be an ipod or nothing, in the end it all comes down to person choice so I am not worried.
                      I also like the idea of being able to share memory cards between all my toys, i.e. SD cards, hence why I looked around and found the megarock thing, my phone has a 1gb memory card in it for music, the camera I want to buy will also have the sd memory card slot, I would not mind getting the blaupunkt (sp?) car stereo which also uses sd memory cards (for my other car) and if I ever get a Ipac it can also use sd cards.

Comment

I know ipods are good and easy to use, but they just annoy me, I like my gadget to have loads of features etc that all, its just me, so many people just seem blinkered to thinking that it has to be an ipod or nothing, in the end it all comes down to person choice so I am not worried.
                        I also like the idea of being able to share memory cards between all my toys, i.e. SD cards, hence why I looked around and found the megarock thing, my phone has a 1gb memory card in it for music, the camera I want to buy will also have the sd memory card slot, I would not mind getting the blaupunkt (sp?) car stereo which also uses sd memory cards (for my other car) and if I ever get a Ipac it can also use sd cards.
                        Perhaps you're not that representative of the general population ? Most people can't get half of the stuff on their mobile to work (well, me i suppose...). In marketspeak you sound like an 'early adopter' who likes complexity, however the majority of consumers don't. Personally, i believe that if you need to read the instructions it's a sign of poor design. Macs are a pretty good vindication of this. The idea is that someone else works out the techie stuff (and this is true of just about everthing, eg do you know how your EFI works ?).

One of the current problems is that not all media take off. It seems that mini-disks and MO drives are pretty much dead, CD-R is going; replaced by DVD-R. The current 'dabate' over which file system (MP3 or the apple one) isn't sorted yet. And you can't be sure that the best sort of media 'wins' eg VHS vs betamax...

Comment

Originally posted by turbotommy
                          Perhaps you're not that representative of the general population ? Most people can't get half of the stuff on their mobile to work (well, me i suppose...). In marketspeak you sound like an 'early adopter' who likes complexity, however the majority of consumers don't. Personally, i believe that if you need to read the instructions it's a sign of poor design. Macs are a pretty good vindication of this. The idea is that someone else works out the techie stuff (and this is true of just about everthing, eg do you know how your EFI works ?).

One of the current problems is that not all media take off. It seems that mini-disks and MO drives are pretty much dead, CD-R is going; replaced by DVD-R. The current 'dabate' over which file system (MP3 or the apple one) isn't sorted yet. And you can't be sure that the best sort of media 'wins' eg VHS vs betamax...
                          Have to say I'm in agreement (FOR My needs) . I cant be bothered with all the gadgets and bells and whistles. I just want something small and simple that will go in my pocket, play my music, and be easy to load stuff to.
                          To be honest I'm not sure what all these MO take off??? et are or mean - all sounds far too comlicated to me, and I doubt that I want or need to know. If Music is important to you and you want all the complicated stuff then fine and dandy, but I'll stick with my simple light mobile I-Pod.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

sorry I just got sent this and thought that I would post it, I promise I am not trying to annoy anyone, just made me chuckle after the mornings fun and games!!!!
                            http://www.kontraband.com/show/show....s&NSFW=&page=9
                            Last edited by truckarms; 31 January 2005, 17:37.

Comment

that megarock looks cool but you have to buy the hard disk to go in to it as well, if you want gadgets with the mp3 then you have to look at archos , they can do loads of stuff.not just play music
                              so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

apple website says to replace battery is $99 +$6.95 postage. sounds more reasonable... slightly anyway.
                                was that a rumour mill i heard grinding? funny how people will believe anything bad about a product they dont like and anything good about one they do like!
                                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X