salvage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salvage

got the chance to buy a 4 runner petrol with side damage on a m plate. and a surf 30 derv with light front damage on a l plate. any one got any idea about what price to pay for them. thanks for any info.

Both cars are worth about £5-6K fully restored so I would subtract the price of components and labour required to restore and then another £1k or so. If they're insurance write off's you might have difficulty selling them on afterwards (if that is your intention?). So another approach might be to make an offer for them as scrappers (this might indeed be the case if there damage to the chassis or engine/transmision components- check carefully).

Nevillef

Comment

thanks for that both cars are cat d. if i buy the pair one will give up parts for the other. will fix the surf and brake the runner as the runner has more damage.

Comment

Both will be on MIAFTA registrar so will be flagged when/if re insured . Cat D means they were write offs for financial reasons more then structual or saftey . As the Surf has a seprate chassis and body this could mean either one component would make it a write off with no damage to the other .Cat D can range in salvage cost upon value of vehicle , so on £5000 value salvage could be around £1300 upwards (using my companys guide) .

Rick
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

salvage

Hi if you get them both what would you want for the petrol and what bits would you need to fix the "SURF" l have body panels left over from 2 reshells.

Regards "Hilux" Bob
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

hilux both cars are for sale on a insurance salvage auction web site that i have the use of.the 4 runner comes of on the 28th and the surf 27th so i will see if i get the surf first before i decide on the runner.thanks for your info vagrant.

Comment

Maggs,
              Let me know if you find yourself with any spare wheels, I’m after 1 standard wheel as I currently have an odd spare and might be up for a complete set to fit with some chunkier tyres too.

Comment

well did not get either truck.the surf made good money and thanks to been out in the sticks with no mobile phone signal lost the 4 runner for the sake of £20. never mind will keep mt eyes open for the next one.

Comment

Working...
                X