Mobile Phones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phones.

Hi, in the market for a new mobile phone, who out there has got a good deal and would like to share the info. Any dealer experience? Any opinions on networks? i have had a good experience with ORANGE,but open to suggestions. Mainly for business use.
    Looking at a contract phone for the least line rental charge and the most free minutes and texts.

I went into phones 4u last weekend and was appauled by the service. Very rude, just wanted me to get the most expensive phone, even the girl assistant was boasting about getting arrested on the previous saturday night for putting a window in!!
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

I have used all of the Networks at some time and the best has been Vodafone for coverage and network availability. Orange is pretty good but their network uses a different frequency that isn't great at passing through solid objects like buildings! So only good for outdoor use IMO.

Cellnet, bad experience all round. Three has appalling network coverage.

The pay monthly contracts seem to be pretty matched ATM. I would go for an inclusive anytime any network minutes package that suits your usage.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

I have orange & T mobile phones. Personally I prefer orange, they are the only network that price matches. I have an orange phone and use a t mobile tariff on it, went in carphone warehouse (where i must add they knew what they were talking about nad very helpful, unlike some i could care to mention) and said that phone on that t mobile price plan, they phoned orange and job done.
      As for phones I have always stuck with nokia until my last upgrade and went for a samsung E700, what a pile of pooh. Battery life is pants, screen fades to nothing, camera dont work, why oh why did i change.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Try o2 online you get 500 free txts a month and their tarrifs are alot cheaper than the high street stores. Iv'e been with them for 6 years and had no problems whatsoever.

Andy

Comment

Never had a problem with O2 even on pay as you go. Currently have an anytime 250 contract with them and a Nokia 6230 phone (or rather I did untill I let my wife have it for her P-A-Y-G orange connection). Currently using a Nokia 6310i phone which I don't think you can get anymore but still a great phone.

Comment

3g

I have been using 3G for nearly 2 years now, and whilst at the start the coverage was patchy and the NEC handset had a very poor battery life, thibgs have improved.
            The latest phones have improved performance, and coverage is better.

As for the cost: 750 mins cross network for £35.00 per month or 500 cross network mins for £25.00 per month. Better than that some of the newspaper ads give you deals where you can save 50% of the monthly subs.....

Comment

well i stupidly changed from vodaphone to 3 (600 minutes to anything and 300 texts) 9months to go and i going back to vodaphone.
              3 phone switches itself off, crap coverage camera bit works but have to hold camera in place to take photo,s.
              in all its PANTS
              i want my vodaphone back
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

I`m selling all my phones and getting rid of my contract, so I can afford more diesel a week.

So if anyone wants a Sony Ericsson T 610i, a Nokia 3100 or a Sharp GX20, tell me and I`ll sell them at discount

Comment

i have to disagree, '3' coverage is v good (it does use other networks as part of it's roaming when outside 3g areas) i assume you are referring to the 3rd gen aspect i.e. live videocalling etc. if it is outside a 3g area, then it can be used like as gsm or gprs phone, i have 1/2 price rental for 12months normally £30, but paying £15 with 500mins anynetwork, and 100 texts included.

www.halfpricelinerental.com

(does a cracked head on a 2.4 surf mean that the entire toyota corp is pants?)
                  Last edited by stara; 26 January 2005, 18:15.
                  [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

go for a deal out the paper where you get all the goodies!... wait 3 months then change to the tarriff you rally want!... works out that you get a Xbox, blue tooth headset and free accessories for about 30 quid.... go into the carphone warehouse for their brochure which shows all the latest phones coming out and wait for the one you want... all the new stuff comes out around march/april time... the newspaper company's seem to use 4U/singlepoint for vodafone anyway with a better deal on the handset...

make sure you work out your average usage and swap tariffs throughout the year... you are only stuck with the same price plan for the first 3 months although you have to keep the contract for 10 months.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

sorry to tout for handouts but Guide Dogs for the Blind recycle any old mobiles in any condition and get £3.00 each for them so let me know and I'll send envelopes for freepost.
                      many thanks Tony
                      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
                        sorry to tout for handouts but Guide Dogs for the Blind recycle any old mobiles in any condition and get £3.00 each for them so let me know and I'll send envelopes for freepost.
                        many thanks Tony
                        even a top end one?... they're being ripped off!!... i can usually get at least £50 on ebay for a year old mobile.
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                        X