4 wheel alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 wheel alignment

Ok, where the hell do i get my Surf set up??? I am normaly quite up on these things since i used to race bikes. But my local haunt for these things does'nt have a kit big enough to fit the Surf

Neither does ATS...WTF.....well, its bizzare, ATS sell 4x4 tyres.But cannot balance them (no 6 stud fitting for machine) and can't even track it...

Help.........idiots.......oh yeah, and when i called a Toyota garage 'the technician does'nt have the setting for those' fu@*ing idiots. Call himself a technician, if he knew about Toyotas (of similar cars/trucks) then he could make a good guess, if he knew what he was doing. Come on, anyone who's any good can make an educated guess, can't they????

Give me the gear and i'll do it myself, and i'm not a motor mechanic
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Best thing to do is phone around until you find one that deals with 4x4 tryes and has the capability to balance them. Everytime I go they stick 100kg of lead on just to balance them properly
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Find a tyre place with laser alignment kit and get em to look up the UK 4Runner on the computer thing attached. The guy I went to was a bit dubious and stressed it was at my own risk (?). The truck handles better, tyre wear is better and I can roll a fag on the M1!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Find a tyre place with laser alignment kit and get em to look up the UK 4Runner on the computer thing attached. The guy I went to was a bit dubious and stressed it was at my own risk (?). The truck handles better, tyre wear is better and I can roll a fag on the M1!
        Every time you want a fag you have to get on the M1??
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

Bush

I am preety sure that BUSH have the set up to do the full tracking etc. They do tyres, exhausts, brakes and will do a full set up.

A mate of mine was having trouble and BUSH worked out that the rear axel was of set! It ment that he was always goign down the road at a slight angle.

I will see if i can find the website for them and post a link.

Ben

Comment

Cheers, like to call BUSH.

Most garages only have kits for cars, the surf has tyres that are too wide for a normal kit to fit on.

So far every tyre fitter i spoke to deals with 4x4 tyres, this does not mean though that they have every piece of kit to balance/track them .......
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

I had my wheel alignment done by my local ATS (in St Annes). It was no problem for them, but it did take them a couple of hours to complete.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                As long as he's not eating an apple it's ok
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Most tyre places seem to have the equipment for tracking but not for setting up the front camber / castor etc.
                  Mines going off to the Toyota dealer in the morning to have the full camber/castor/tracking done. The service manager did mutter something along the lines of 'hmm, where am i going to get the settings from...' when i asked for a quote though. Oh well...we'll see what happens!

Comment

Theres only one place where i can get all the caster/camber and tracking done within a 30 mile radius and he charged me £117 on my last surf. I am reluctant to go back, but it was very good and improved the ride.

Mike
                    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                      Yeah, it's part of the giving up strategy. I'm down to four a week now. I might as well not bother
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                        As long as he's not eating an apple it's ok
                        That would be downright irresponsible, especially if I was talking to someone on the ham radio, rolling a fag, trying to ignore my mobile phone and playing with the hard/soft suspension switch.
                        PS. They should have jailed that woman for having the cheek to stand up to the police. Everyone knows that women can't drive cars let alone do something else while trying.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
                          Theres only one place where i can get all the caster/camber and tracking done within a 30 mile radius and he charged me £117 on my last surf. I am reluctant to go back, but it was very good and improved the ride.

Mike
                          Me, Toyota dealer, full alignment, £80 + VAT = £94
                          Surf drives a million times better = Me much happier

(I won't mention the steering rack ends @ £120+VAT each! But surf now drives normal so i won't cry)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

(I won't mention the steering rack ends @ £120+VAT each! But surf now drives normal so i won't cry)
                            Rob, how much were your steering rack ends?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

lol
                              Dammit, i was drunk last night and didn't care much. Not quite so happy now!

Comment

Working...
                              X