finally here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally here

well were finally in spain, andalucia , truck did a nice job of gettin us here from glos >portsmouth, then bilbao nrth spain to marbella in the south, almost as soon as we got of the boat we hit severe blizzard s in the montains , bein fully loaded inc loaded roof tray and 9*5 trailor loadeed driver and passenger room only in car, things got a little hairy, it took us 9 hrs to do 80 miles, trip from nrth to sth should have taken only 9 or 10 hrs it eventually took 28 hrs inc 2 hr kip in a lay by, and my missus couldnt cope with all the weight and driving on the left so i drove the whole trip, killer!!,.
    but we ve bin here around a month now were working (landscape gardening!) all tanned up , nice and hot
    and all was definately worth it, well happy with the truck makin that trip, up and down hills carrying about 2.5t for 28 hrs fair play!!, treated to a nice service an oil change recently,
    spotted a few surfs on uk plates,
    spanish plate cars are all 4 runners so mine feels at home
    see ya

are surfs are grand
    they do all we ask of them and more hey

i'll have a san miguel please

best change your location on your avitar now you SUNSEEKER SURFER YOU
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by wadey6
      well were finally in spain, andalucia , truck did a nice job of gettin us here from glos >portsmouth, then bilbao nrth spain to marbella in the south, almost as soon as we got of the boat we hit severe blizzard s in the montains ,..... all was definately worth it, well happy with the truck makin that trip, up and down hills carrying about 2.5t for 28 hrs fair play!!, treated to a nice service an oil change recently,
      spotted a few surfs on uk plates,
      spanish plate cars are all 4 runners so mine feels at home
      see ya
      I did the trip a couple of years ago, didn't get the same amount of snow you mentioned, but the temperature going over the plains in central Spain was -20 centigrade, a bit chilly. Boy were we relieved we we crossed the mountains and dropped down into SUnny Andulucia. Don't know where you are down there but deeply envious. Enjoy!
      Live for Today

Comment

uh oh!

still here!!
        goin up a steep hill the other day and the rear axle made a nasty metal crackin sound , when in normal flat road drive we cannot hear a thing , as soon as we accelerate or go uphill ( which is a lot here) nasty loud noise comes back,
        Any ideas??
        poss new diff , any contacts for andalucia/spain??
        cheers Wade'n' Lisa.

Comment

still here!!

goin up a steep hill the other day and the rear axle made a nasty metal crackin sound , when in normal flat road drive we cannot hear a thing , as soon as we accelerate or go uphill ( which is a lot here) nasty loud noise comes back,
          Any ideas??
          poss new diff , any contacts for andalucia/spain??
          cheers Wade'n' Lisa.

um... any noise on decelleration?
          i'd say wheel bearing or prop UJ when axle twists under power?... any noise on cornering?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

0rrible noise

This noise seems to come from the middle of the axle and is a heavy metallic cracking sound on fast acceleration from standstill or uphill especially cornering, not sure what a limited slip diff is all about but whilst drivin steady around flat land , slow cornering l/h bend o/s wheel seems to spin more than it shouild or at least more than used to!!
            Originally posted by da SLUG man
            i'd say wheel bearing or prop UJ when axle twists under power?... any noise on cornering?

Comment

diff trouble

Took diff out the other night an chunks of churned up metal fell out ,lookin inside next to the crown wheel can see that the teeth on onother cog adjacent to or part of the crown wheel are chewed, any ideas wher I can get a replacement or a compatible diff from another car, limited \slip diff code number G255R , do any other surfs have lsd diffs??
              Originally posted by da SLUG man

Comment

Took diff out the other night an chunks of churned up metal fell out ,lookin inside next to the crown wheel can see that the teeth on onother cog adjacent to or part of the crown wheel are chewed, any ideas wher I can get a replacement or a compatible diff from another car, limited \slip diff code number G255R , do any other surfs have lsd diffs??
                see reply in your other thread......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X