You win some,you lose some.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You win some,you lose some.

Just received 256mb of memory which I purchased off ebay,guess what?It's faulty,Failed the diagnostic test I ran on it.Ho hum,that's the dangers of buying second hand PC components,you live and learn.Bought new RAM from http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk for £49.00 (the ebay one cost me £20.00).I have contacted the seller,so far no response.
    Powered by ????

My nephew and I went down to the south coast to fetch a Corsa GSI yesterday. It was sold as seen. After seven miles we had to get the a relay home as it sounded like a bag of nails and had chucked out most of the oil and water. OK the guy did say there was a problem with the engine, maybe a dodgy valve/valve lifter, but he did say that it should get us home. Seems one of the pistons/rings has gone.

Luckily it was at a too good to be true price and my brother has already found a replacement engine.

Oh, I nearly forgot, the car was off eBay or as one of my colleagues calls it, DelBay!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
      Just received 256mb of memory which I purchased off ebay,guess what?It's faulty,Failed the diagnostic test I ran on it.Ho hum,that's the dangers of buying second hand PC components,you live and learn.Bought new RAM from http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk for £49.00 (the ebay one cost me £20.00).I have contacted the seller,so far no response.
      Bad luck Rob. Whats his ID mate, so we dont get stung by him. Cheers.

Comment

I'll give him 2 or 3 days to respond,if no response,I'll let you know.
        Powered by ????

Comment

mate not worth buying second hand memory IMO...
          i dont know what speed the memory is but you can get it new at that price nearly!
          eBuyer
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Bidding

I won a brand new TV & Video card after being outbid for same one at £25. Placed 99p bid on next one that came up and won. Been fitted and works a treat.
            Philip
            Still Searching,
            Dick Whittington

Comment

I bought a set of Twin Headlamp Conversions for my RS, Looked good on the pix but when i got them through , they had to be re-built with fibreglass around the back and a few light units changed. Bought a Dizzy, that turned out to be Very GOOD. Only about two months old and got for £25. But it's getting to the point now where i am watching what i am buying cause of cowboys. The lights looked liked they had been nicked due to the parts that had snapped off and the way the wired were shredded. Atleast with a car booty you can see the parts closerly and inspect them a little more, though they may still be nicked. Plus you can knock down on price but cant always find what you need. Ill bet ya one thing though, It won't be long until Mr Brown decided to start adding VAT to items bought ! But just think of the Good points. You could Sue the Government for adding V.A.T onto Stolen Goods !!! Ho ho ho !!! How would that one work ?
              !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                mate not worth buying second hand memory IMO...
                i dont know what speed the memory is but you can get it new at that price nearly!
                eBuyer
                Wish I'd seen this earlier,just bought memory for £49.00,same RAM is on the ebuyer site for £30.99.Thanks for the link though,added to bookmarks.