No announcement yet.

Back ache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be a 3rd Gen thing 'cause I'm having difficulty getting comfy in mine too....which is a shame as it's probably one of the best motors I've driven...let down by unsupportive seats
    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

This may be a daft question, but will 2nd gen seats not fit the 3rd gen ?
      You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Micky B
        This may be a daft question, but will 2nd gen seats not fit the 3rd gen ?
        You are not having mine. I like them.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          I discovered the knob by my right knee .
          ooh!... big boy!!...

yeah, 3rd gen is really uncomfortable for a long journey...
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Julia, I found my seat uncomfortable also.
            I purchased a seat wedge from my Physio, which lifts the back of your backside, making you sit straighter, rather than slumping.
            It certainly did the trick.

Comment

update re. back ache

Just wanted to provide an update in case any potential Surf purchasers were browsing the site - as I did before I bought one. My back ache problems has been resolved for all but the longest of journeys e.g. driving down France in two consecutive days. A wedge cushion with a cut-out for my tail bone has helped and I think a lot of the problem was due to tension due to other factors in my life at the time of purchase!

I love the car and would definitely recommend 3rd Gen Surfs to those needing to tow anything!

Julia

Comment

great to hear your back and surf are behaving themselves
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

I think that this thread has had it's day but....

...a number of people had pointed out that perhaps the seat had suffered due to an overweight, dare I say it 'FAT', driver (no comments about my not so slim physique Tony and Linda ).

Thing is, if this is a recent import, then the only fat Japanese people that I've ever seen have all been called SUMO!!!!
                  Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

I have found that most of the back ache I got in my 3rd Gen was actually due to bad posture or straining my back throughout the day....if my back ached before I got in it would be like that all the way home.

I also did a 1" seat lift which seemed to help considerably and gives you a more commanding/upright driving position which I prefer.
                    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X